Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tracked down a spare tire with jack and tools for my 2019 Kia Optima. The seller is selling it without the foam organizer insert that normally comes with an new oem kit. Does the foam insert provide any type of structural support for the standard trunk mat? Or is it purely just there to keep the jack and tools from moving around?

There is another seller that is selling it with the insert, but is charging $30 more and if it doesn't really do much for structural support, I'd rather just save the 30 bucks.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
Looks like the foam insert does provide some additional/supplementary support for the middle/center of the trunk mat insofar as to help offer a level and sturdy trunk floor surface--meaning, without the foam insert the center area of the trunk mat may probably sag a bit under load before it eventually gets some support from the spare tire itself. If that is of little concern to you (e.g., you don't load a lot of heavy stuff in your trunk) and you have other means to secure the jack equipment, then yeah I suppose you may be able to make do without the foam insert.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts