Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 optima lx
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im posting pics of a couple things ive done to my 15 lx since buying her in December yall tell me what you think and if you have any questions ask away ill help however i can
plus i did my own exhaust gave it a c.a.i. bought a cheap set of used wheels and painted them black with the inset part of the spoke color matched smokey blue,full sound system with infinity reference series 1000 watt class d amp and infinity reference series 10 inch woofer and skar 6.5s in the doors with an additional tweeter in each door,and lowered 1.6/1.5 F/R....what you guys think? Im proud of her and i know opinions can vary so dont be afraid to hurt feelings lol

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,575 Posts
Any feedback shouldn't hurt your feelings as mods are always subjective, but got to say the lighting sets the car off and a great sound system. The only negative I can say are the black wheels, and that's not just your car, that's any car. Just an old guy that likes the bling in wheels, black isn't bad as long as there is some chrome or polished areas on the wheels.

·
Registered
2015 optima lx
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't say I really have a preference either way it depends on the style of the car to color of the car Etc but I kind of made an unconscious decision and decided to blackout the Optima and leave the Chrome 4 my 66 Galaxie 500
you cant really see from that pic but the daytons are chrome and colormatched silver blue to the car

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,575 Posts
A couple items. Nice peanut tire/wheel combo on the Ford, and got to say with all the tires I've come across over the years, Lizetti hasn't been one of them.

·
Registered
2015 optima lx
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol the wheels came with the gal and i just ran with it and the lizetti tires are a new one to me as well bit i bought those wheels with 3 good tires for 150 bucks so i was willing to try them out.i beleive they are a rather cheap ebay/amazon type tire but they do pretty good in the rain and are supposedly Z-rated so they are staying until they got no goodie left in them...but yea back to the daytons on the gal i paid 700 for the whole car and it had a pretty extensive resto done about 14-15 years before i boight it and the guy literally drove it twice and it sat until i rescued it it is now me and my 9 year old daughters project for her first car so the daytons are gonna stick around for awhile even tho id like some cragar ss 15×10 for it or maybe even a set of 20s....it will however light them 13s up when that 390 starts thumping

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,575 Posts
That's the good old days when engines running sounded like they were missing on a few cylinders with the big cams, and back in that era I was running a factory experimental Chevy against the 427 dual quad Fords. Long time ago but now the high performance engines are far more advanced than those big inch motors of years ago.
That big 390 was rated 265HP while the 4BBL version was 320HP while unique versions were 335HP. We now get that HP, and more, with a 4 cyl.

Have a great day and glad to see you're giving the daughter some automotive knowledge as that will help down the line when dealing with the so called techs.

·
Registered
2015 optima lx
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it was definitely a different error in Automotive History that car was originally at 3:50 to car and that 390 come out of a Thunderbird but the Factory 4 Barrel and all in it I believe it was a 67 still has the factory Cruise o matic 3 speed I've got its twin sitting next to the shop that I'm going to build for my son when I'm done with the blue one it's an all original car with a 289 in it though and then I'll have to find one more 66 Galaxy from my uncle's daughter who's only 10 months right now battery 390 in the blue one has had some work done to it though it's got different heads on it I believe they are the c8ae-h I could be wrong on that I know I took the casting number and did some research and they're the hi-po heads that have slightly bigger valves and a smaller chamber

1 - 9 of 9 Posts