1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2014 Kia optima Platinum
Vin # KNAGN417ME5502400
Engine # G4KJEH127547
Recently i noticed the blue smoke from the exhaust and engine oil level goes down. My mechanic is expecting that may be the Seal are leaking which consuming engine oil. Is there anything i can do, Can Kia will replace the engine without cost, as i noticed there are quite few 2011-2014 kia optima engine which was faulty and replaced for free, i assume is my car eligible for that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I called Kia dealership once and they said this car has no engine recall history. So, i wanted to know, if this car has engine issue at the moment, is there anyone from Kia who can help me, will they consider my car with faulty engine and replace the engine. Any recomendations; what should i do. Car only done 62,400kms

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,524 Posts
First, I don't know of a Premium as a model here is the US, and showing km's not certain of your location, so I would think that would definitely make a difference.

See that the car was auctioned in Dandenong South, VIC, Australia, so I would assume that the Kia warranty in Australia would prevail for the 2.4.

Having some time before we take the 1200 mile trip home, I looked up info on the Kia warranty in Australia and I see that it comes with a 7 year unlimited warranty for the original and subsequent owners, private, general fleet, and government vehicles sold from 10/01/2014. As yours is a 2014 and probably "sold" before the new warranty of 7 years unlimited kilometer, and not knowing the history of the car, guess you'd need to verify that the car is still covered under the factory warranty, and if it is, have the dealership look at the vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No the warranty is expired, how do you know i bought from Auction?
Anyway, if the warranty expired, still Kia dealership will fix it for free? Look like seals are leaking maybe have to replace the engine, strange only done 62oookms and last time service by Kia dealership at 58,900kms roughly 5 months back. If anyone suggest something will be gr8, i contacted Kia but they was not very healpful

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,524 Posts
Well, only Kia is going to be able to tell you if the engine is part of the recall for engine debris. I have no idea about Kia in Australia.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,251 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Only Kia can tell you if they will cover the recall or engine issue you're having.

Each country has different regulations that may apply from the manufacturer when it comes to warranty, and what not.

Hope you are able to get it taken care of and get back on the road again.

-David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts