Kia Optima Forums banner

141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,221 Posts
I also do not want to jack this thread.

I am interested in the power trunk kit, but I really just wanted a simple price for a replacement motor and control module since you said that I can order them from your company if I would need one in the future.

Too simple.

Or if you guys do not carry replacement parts, I just wanted to know where I could find them.

I guess I will just call Shark Racing since they make the kit and i do have questions that needs to be answered before I spend my good money.

Thanks anyway.
I simply asked you to call or email me directly if you were interested in the product, instead of continuing to post in this thread. (Which has nothing to do with this part)

Shark Racing does NOT make the kit, and if you can't email or call us (too simple) and have to insist on carrying this conversation in this thread then with all due respect, I have no interest in selling the part to you.

Welcome!

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
I simply asked you to call or email me directly if you were interested in the product, instead of continuing to post in this thread. (Which has nothing to do with this part)

Shark Racing does NOT make the kit, and if you can't email or call us (too simple) and have to insist on carrying this conversation in this thread then with all due respect, I have no interest in selling the part to you.

Welcome!
I will address this reply addressed to myself and move on.

You have no problem posting that the kit costs $500 including shipping,even a video of it in action.

However, you get all weird when I ask about the cost of replacement parts that you said that you could provide.

The price is all I wanted to know, and then we could have moved on with the purchase.

By weird, I mean that instead of just posting a price for the parts, you get all concerned about thread-jacking all of the suddenly when you could have just posted the amount you would charge for the parts in that reply post.

I wanted you to post the price of the replacement parts just like you posted the price of the kit for everyone to see, just in case other members may have the same concern.

No worries on me buying the kit from you since I prefer to buy products from people who can be straight up with me about my concerns and patient since I do ask questions.

Shark Racing may not make the kit, but at-least they seem to have more information on it.

I have contacted them about the kit and the replacement parts so I am good.

Your business style may work for others, but not me.

I am not saying that it is bad, but not what I like to deal with from what i get from how you respond when asked specific questions about your products sometimes.

Thank you for bringing the kit to my attention.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,221 Posts
I will address this reply addressed to myself and move on.

You have no problem posting that the kit costs $500 including shipping,even a video of it in action.

However, you get all weird when I ask about the cost of replacement parts that you said that you could provide.

The price is all I wanted to know, and then we could have moved on with the purchase.

By weird, I mean that instead of just posting a price for the parts, you get all concerned about thread-jacking all of the suddenly when you could have just posted the amount you would charge for the parts in that reply post.

I wanted you to post the price of the replacement parts just like you posted the price of the kit for everyone to see, just in case other members may have the same concern.

No worries on me buying the kit from you since I prefer to buy products from people who can be straight up with me about my concerns and patient since I do ask questions.

Shark Racing may not make the kit, but at-least they seem to have more information on it.

I have contacted them about the kit and the replacement parts so I am good.

Your business style may work for others, but not me.

I am not saying that it is bad, but not what I like to deal with from what i get from how you respond when asked specific questions about your products sometimes.

Thank you for bringing the kit to my attention.
Thank you for addressing this last post and moving on so that we no longer hijack this thread.

As I have said in my last posts, all I asked you to do was reach out to me directly so I can assist you instead of consistently posting in this thread with questions after questions after questions.

However, you never reached out one time by email, phone call, or even private messaging, but instead kept posting here in this thread. This is the reason I asked, simply because I was no longer interested in posting in this thread itself and taking away from what it was originally about since it has nothing to do with the product I was selling.

Again I have already said that I made a mistake posting the product in this thread, I figured if anyone was interested they would reach out and private message me directly and we would discuss the details. I did not expect a full blown out conversation to take place in this thread, and when it did, and I simply asked for you to reach out privately, that should have been the end of it and you would just reach out to me if you were interested so I could answer any questions you had about replacement parts or whatever else you wanted to know before ordering.

You seem to have a little history here on the forum making things slightly difficult and complicated, and running into constant debates and arguments with other members of this site. So I will choose not to continue to discuss this with you further, and we will leave it at this. You are more than welcome to order from Shark Racing or anywhere else you'd like too, as I would much rather have you work with them at this point then us.

I'm sorry you feel that our business style may not work for you, you are definitely entitled to your opinion and have the right to order from anywhere else online. Again, please do not feel the need to debate or argue this further here, it is rude and disrespectful to the original thread and if you feel the need to continue the conversation, feel free to private message me directly.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima
1,684 Posts
so you're selling this kit? if so, you know if this would work with the carbon fiber trunks??

If anyone is interested in a power motorized trunk that opens and closes with the factory remote, using all OEM factory parts, hit us up.

**Warning** The mod is not cheap since it includes all OEM factory parts to make your trunk lid function the way the Kia K900 does.

We have this in stock NOW and ready to ship out! All plug & play requiring no modification to the vehicle.

$500 shipped!!!

·
Registered
2016 KIA Optima
223 Posts
It took me all of 30 seconds to have my trunk open from 1 inch to a max opening using a 48 inch bungee cord. Where you came up with this idea, I don't know, but it works great!! I bought a 48 inch bungee cord from Home Depot for $1.77. You should call Kia and tell their " engineers" about your solution to the trunk problem. I have a 2016 sx turbo in snow white pearl and you have taken away my only bitch about the car.
Thanks again! :):cool:

·
Registered
2016 KIA Optima SX Limited
11 Posts
The first thing I noticed about my Optima when I got it home was the lame action of the trunk lid. Went to Menards today, followed the crystal clear instructions, and now the opening action is DeLuxe! Thanks, kayoh!
Same here! I even went back to the dealership because I thought something was wrong with it ...needing adjustment or something! Their service dept. didn't even know this was SOP for Optima's & didn't know what to tell me other than it might need some lubricatio. This is such an easy fix. Thanks to the OP for sharing!

·
Registered
Kia Optima 2017
10 Posts
There are universal trunk springs on aliexpress, anyone tried them? Seems to be a more elegant and stronger solution for me.

·
Registered
2013 Kia LX
321 Posts
I have been using the same bungee cord for three years. You don't even see the cord. Can't get that much elegant than that. Even in the winter with some snow on the trunk it opens. I guess that answers the stronger solution. Unless you plan to garage the car and try to sell years down the road as a classic why spend more money to do a job that a couple of bucks will do.

·
Registered
Kia Optima 2017
10 Posts
Ok, that´s good. I´ve read some comments where people are telling, that the bungee gets weaker after time etc.

I´ve ordered one of these, I will report the results as soon as I get my optima. They are adjustable and cost only 5 bucks.

123456.PNG

·
Registered
Kia Optima 2017
10 Posts
I´´ve ordered them on aliexpress, but you can find them on also on ebay just search for "universal trunk spring"

https://goo.gl/n4ZzyU

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Ok, that´s good. I´ve read some comments where people are telling, that the bungee gets weaker after time etc.

I´ve ordered one of these, I will report the results as soon as I get my optima. They are adjustable and cost only 5 bucks.

View attachment 224290
Thank you for the tip. I bought two and installed one today. The springs are strong so you only need one to open the trunk lid. I posted this on another bungee thread but your ideal works well.

Spring installed on the passenger side.

The spring in action

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Nice work, but you may want to ensure proper operation according to the following expert in this subject matter:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/351a37b2-96e6-4e1b-8259-00bca8c991f2
That is some funny sh*t!!!!!! Good one!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Glad that I could help, seems to be a very solid solution. Still waiting for my springs :)
I ordered my set from Ebay. They took about a couple weeks to arrive from China. But they only costed about $15 with shipping.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
547 Posts
Just came across this thread--like just about everyone else in this thread, I didn't care that the trunk door opens but a few inches; I had a couple of 18" bungee cords lying around so I used one for each side--trunk door now lifts all the way open by itself. Time will tell as to how long the bungee cords hold up but for now I am grateful that someone came up with this cheap and easy mod.

One cord on the left:
IMG_0200.jpg

...and one on the right:
IMG_0201.jpg

141 - 160 of 161 Posts