Kia Optima Forums banner

121 - 140 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Thanks.

It seem straight forward to do by the pictures.

What is the size of the struts you used?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,222 Posts
If anyone is interested in a power motorized trunk that opens and closes with the factory remote, using all OEM factory parts, hit us up.

**Warning** The mod is not cheap since it includes all OEM factory parts to make your trunk lid function the way the Kia K900 does.

We have this in stock NOW and ready to ship out! All plug & play requiring no modification to the vehicle.

$500 shipped!!!

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima
850 Posts
If anyone is interested in a power motorized trunk that opens and closes with the factory remote, using all OEM factory parts, hit us up.

**Warning** The mod is not cheap since it includes all OEM factory parts to make your trunk lid function the way the Kia K900 does.

We have this in stock NOW and ready to ship out! All plug & play requiring no modification to the vehicle.

$500 shipped!!!
Is this the same item that shark racing is selling?

·
01/2015 ROTM, 05/2015 ROTM
2013 Optima 2013 SXL
1,136 Posts
Thanks.

It seem straight forward to do by the pictures.

What is the size of the struts you used?
McMaster-Carr

Depending on if you have a spoiler or not determines what strength you need. I found out by ordering 15, 20 and 30 and returning the ones I did not use. If I recall, i ended up with the 20, (but it may have been 30's) my spoiler is probably heavier than the factory one.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
354 Posts

$500 shipped!!!
That's awesome. How hard is installation? I really want to do that.

I see he pushes a button on the trunk to close it, obviously our cars don't have that so what would we have to do? Cut a hole out for the button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,222 Posts
That's awesome. How hard is installation? I really want to do that.

I see he pushes a button on the trunk to close it, obviously our cars don't have that so what would we have to do? Cut a hole out for the button?
The entire installation is plug & play, there is nothing too difficult to do from what I understand.

It includes a button for the rear trunk the way the K900 has on it. This way you can push the button on the trunk lid, or on the remote to close it.

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
McMaster-Carr

Depending on if you have a spoiler or not determines what strength you need. I found out by ordering 15, 20 and 30 and returning the ones I did not use. If I recall, i ended up with the 20, (but it may have been 30's) my spoiler is probably heavier than the factory one.
Thank you.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

The entire installation is plug & play, there is nothing too difficult to do from what I understand.

It includes a button for the rear trunk the way the K900 has on it. This way you can push the button on the trunk lid, or on the remote to close it.
You got me sold.

$500 is a great deal shipped.

**** i almost just paid that amount to just buy fancier headlights and tail lights for my truck, until I saw this post.

Will I be able to buy replacement parts separately if something goes wrong in the future?

Specifically the lift motor or the control module?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,222 Posts
You got me sold.

$500 is a great deal shipped.

**** i almost just paid that amount to just buy fancier headlights and tail lights for my truck, until I saw this post.
Sweet!! We have (1) kit in stock that's ready to ship out. Let me know if you'd like it and I can send you an email to order.

Will I be able to buy replacement parts separately if something goes wrong in the future?

Specifically the lift motor or the control module?
Good question, I would like to know this myself.
Absolutely fellas, but keep in mind that we would warranty the entire kit for 12 months from the date of purchase. So replacement parts would be free.

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Sweet!! We have (1) kit in stock that's ready to ship out. Let me know if you'd like it and I can send you an email to order.

Absolutely fellas, but keep in mind that we would warranty the entire kit for 12 months from the date of purchase. So replacement parts would be free.
Sign me up.

Send me the email please.

I love the ideal of having the power trunk lid.

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
SOLD!!! To Carguy who will be the guinea pig for this awesome mod :)

I am ready for the challenge.:D

From what i read it is a simple install.

The only tool I need to buy is a rivet gun/tool.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts

Even though I've seen the video, would love to see this in action from one of the members and maybe a quick DIY for the rest to see. Definitely one of the coolest mods out there and if I still have my Optima I'd probably end up getting this cool mod too.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,222 Posts
Sign me up.

Send me the email please.

I love the ideal of having the power trunk lid.
Awesome, glad to hear it! Please send me an email to [email protected] with your shipping address and I will shoot you over the invoice to order through the site.

SOLD!!! To Carguy who will be the guinea pig for this awesome mod :)
:thumbsup:

For someone who is pretty handy, I agree the installation should be pretty straightforward.

Even though I've seen the video, would love to see this in action from one of the members and maybe a quick DIY for the rest to see. Definitely one of the coolest mods out there and if I still have my Optima I'd probably end up getting this cool mod too.
Honestly I feel the same way. I have only seen the same video I shared with you guys. I would love to have an Optima Forums member put together a DIY showing how to install it and showing it in action, so that it would be a bit more appealing to others who might have considered getting it. Unfortunately with the higher cost of the OEM parts, and shipping from S. Korea using EMS to me, this part has been in my shop for about a year now. carguy if you were able to help out with showing the installation process and the product in use, we may be able to spark a little more interest to add the item to the site and forums.

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
Awesome, glad to hear it! Please send me an email to [email protected] with your shipping address and I will shoot you over the invoice to order through the site.

:thumbsup:

For someone who is pretty handy, I agree the installation should be pretty straightforward.

Honestly I feel the same way. I have only seen the same video I shared with you guys. I would love to have an Optima Forums member put together a DIY showing how to install it and showing it in action, so that it would be a bit more appealing to others who might have considered getting it. Unfortunately with the higher cost of the OEM parts, and shipping from S. Korea using EMS to me, this part has been in my shop for about a year now. carguy if you were able to help out with showing the installation process and the product in use, we may be able to spark a little more interest to add the item to the site and forums.
I will make a DIY on the install.

I have only one concern.

I can not find any place to buy the parts separate if I do need to repair the trunk unit in the future beyond the year warranty.

Crap happens, especially with powered lift anything.

The OEM k900 trunk lift motor unit is over $1000, and I do not want to spend $500 again to repair it by buying another Shark Racing kit.

Can you show me where I could just buy the parts separate if I only need to replace a control module or motor, which should be the only two items that will usually fail.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,222 Posts
I can not find any place to buy the parts separate if I do need to repair the trunk unit in the future beyond the year warranty.

Crap happens, especially with powered lift anything.

The OEM k900 trunk lift motor unit is over $1000, and I do not want to spend $500 again to repair it by buying another Shark Racing kit.

Can you show me where I could just buy the parts separate if I only need to replace a control module or motor, which should be the only two items that will usually fail.
As I mentioned, the product is going to come with a one-year warranty. If you need to purchase any parts that fail after the one-year warranty, which I doubt that you will need to, you could purchase them directly through us.

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
As I mentioned, the product is going to come with a one-year warranty. If you need to purchase any parts that fail after the one-year warranty, which I doubt that you will need to, you could purchase them directly through us.
Sounds good.

Hopefully the kit will last a long time before any issues pop-up.

How much is the motor assembly and control unit through your store?

Sorry, but I think long term when I buy items so I just want an ideal on the cost of repair in the unlikely event something does happen after one year.

My only concern is about how long the motor/control box will last since motors burn out depending on their use/quality and control units get buggy which also stop the unit from working properly.

I have an reasonable expectation of them working trouble-free for about 4 years, hopefully I am wrong and they last 10 years or longer.

Even OEM units(powered lift-gate) from Ford and Mercedes sometimes fail in about three years so you never know really when it comes to electronics.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,222 Posts
Sounds good.

Hopefully the kit will last a long time before any issues pop-up.

How much is the motor assembly and control unit through your store?

Sorry, but I think long term when I buy items so I just want an ideal on the cost of repair in the unlikely event something does happen after one year.

My only concern is about how long the motor/control box will last since motors burn out depending on their use/quality and control units get buggy which also stop the unit from working properly.

I have an reasonable expectation of them working trouble-free for about 4 years, hopefully I am wrong and they last 10 years or longer.

Even OEM units(powered lift-gate) from Ford and Mercedes sometimes fail in about three years so you never know really when it comes to electronics.
My mistake for mentioning the product here, I apologize for hijacking the thread. If you would like to buy the product from us, reach out by email or telephone and we will move forward from there.

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
My mistake for mentioning the product here, I apologize for hijacking the thread. If you would like to buy the product from us, reach out by email or telephone and we will move forward from there.
I also do not want to jack this thread.

I am interested in the power trunk kit, but I really just wanted a simple price for a replacement motor and control module since you said that I can order them from your company if I would need one in the future.

Too simple.

Or if you guys do not carry replacement parts, I just wanted to know where I could find them.

I guess I will just call Shark Racing since they make the kit and i do have questions that needs to be answered before I spend my good money.

Thanks anyway.

121 - 140 of 161 Posts