Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. I have a 2018 Optima LX 2.4L. My passenger side mirror was clipped in the parking lot at work and needs to be replaced. There are so many options for replacements, and the only thing (I believe) that I'm unsure of is whether the mirrors are heated. If they were, would they have the little squiggly heat line, or is that not necessarily the case? I'm capable of changing it out myself, I just want to be sure I order the right one. Using the VIN itself doesn't provide enough info based on using a parts lookup tool. My car guy who does body work tried to look it up using the VIN as well but said he need more info.

What I know:
Power adjust
Blind spot detection
No memory
Non-power folding

What I don't know:
Heated?

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Are you asking if your Optima has heated mirror or do you want to buy the correct one for your car? The heated mirror do have heated lines but it’s attached behind the glass glue to the mirror so you won’t be able to see it, the only way to tell are the description or the two tiny plug in clip for the heated wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
Your vehicle's Monroney Label should show whether your car came equipped with heated mirrors; if you didn't keep yours (i.e. you threw it away) or you bought your car used you can still pull it up by typing the following URL address in your web browser:

https://www.kia.com/us/services/en/windowsticker/load/Type your VIN here making sure any letters in your VIN are typed in CAPS--e.g., https://www.kia.com/us/services/en/windowsticker/load/5XYPG4A32JG344340 (BTW that is an actual Kia VIN--it actually came up in a Google search).

Since you indicated that your vehicle is a 2018 the above Kia Monroney sticker locator tool should be able to pull it up--mine is a 2018 SXL and I was able to pull up its Monroney sticker (FWIW I actually kept my original sticker) by plugging in my VIN; if your vehicle did come equipped with heated outside mirrors the sticker will mention it underneath the "EXTERIOR" section:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts