Kia Optima Forums banner

Shift lock

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Nickoli 
#1 ·
I recently lost my only key for my 04 Kia Optima. I could not make a new spare because they told me the key was “to warn” for them to duplicate. So it sits on the road where it could get towed. So I’ve decided to make it into a demo car, but I can not get out of gear. I’ve spent days trying to figure out home I’m going to move this thing without money. Money is tight since my son was born. Long story short I got the car running, with aux and everything else working but shift lock and steering lock I have not figured out. I don’t want to put money into it if it’s going to be my demo car. Does anyone have some tips on how I can eliminate this problem

#2 ·
I recently lost my only key for my 04 Kia Optima. I could not make a new spare because they told me the key was “to warn” for them to duplicate. So it sits on the road where it could get towed. So I’ve decided to make it into a demo car, but I can not get out of gear. I’ve spent days trying to figure out home I’m going to move this thing without money. Money is tight since my son was born. Long story short I got the car running, with aux and everything else working but shift lock and steering lock I have not figured out. I don’t want to put money into it if it’s going to be my demo car. Does anyone have some tips on how I can eliminate this problem??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.