Kia Optima Forums banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Registered
2015 Kia optima
2 Posts
My shark fin popped off last week in one of those drive-through carwashes I went to the dealer purchase the part which was almost $200 they told me it would be $600 or more in labor to have it replaced I went home took my back seat light off it is located right under the shark fin there is one large screw that is holding the shark fin down and there are 2 wires that snap on to the shark fin it took me less than 1 hour to replace my car has the panoramic roof I was very impressed with my self I drove the car almost 1 week before I got the part and it was driving me crazy

· Registered
1 Posts
Dunno if you already replaced the shark fin by now; but I had this same thing happen to me shortly after I bought the car. There's nothing in the shark fin itself. It basically just serves as a cover. You can get a new one off EBay if you don't have the original one and just use JB weld to stick it back on there. I did that with mine months ago; and after it cures, it'll survive any kind of weather conditions. Just make sure you don't wash your car and that it's not gonna rain for at least 24hrs once you set it on there. If it weren't dark right now, I'd show you a picture of how mine turned out. For the most part, you can't even tell it had fallen off at any point.
Which cover did you purchase? I purchased one and it didn't fit

· Registered
11 Posts
Dunno if you already replaced the shark fin by now; but I had this same thing happen to me shortly after I bought the car. There's nothing in the shark fin itself. It basically just serves as a cover. You can get a new one off EBay if you don't have the original one and just use JB weld to stick it back on there. I did that with mine months ago; and after it cures, it'll survive any kind of weather conditions. Just make sure you don't wash your car and that it's not gonna rain for at least 24hrs once you set it on there. If it weren't dark right now, I'd show you a picture of how mine turned out. For the most part, you can't even tell it had fallen off at any point.
what glue did you use

· Registered
2 Posts
My antenna got snapped off all 5 screws sheared.

The dealership wants $600 for part and install. The radio still works and I'm cheap so I would rather just glue/silicone a plastic cover on.

Do you know if there is/are some parts above the green chip that got knocked off? Will I lose any functionality by not replacing the antenna and just capping it?

Thanks for your help.
It's been a while and I saw you got it replaced, but I'm not sure if the original question got answered of "is there anything above the it". There is a little chip or something above, I just had my fin snap off on my 2017 optima the other day while i was brushing off snow (wasnt even brushing hard) the radio and stuff works fine so idk what it does but just in case anybody was wondering here are some pics. I unscrewed the chip to see what it was exactly maybe someone with some more knowledge can tell you what it is / does

· Registered
10 Posts
It's been a while and I saw you got it replaced, but I'm not sure if the original question got answered of "is there anything above the it". There is a little chip or something above, I just had my fin snap off on my 2017 optima the other day while i was brushing off snow (wasnt even brushing hard) the radio and stuff works fine so idk what it does but just in case anybody was wondering here are some pics. I unscrewed the chip to see what it was exactly maybe someone with some more knowledge can tell you what it is / does View attachment 249533 View attachment 249534 View attachment 249535
Mine looks just like that. The cover broke clean off going through a car wash. Everything still works fine so I just want to replace the cap. Of course, nobody wants to do that. I have to replace the whole antenna which costs $600. How did you
fix yours?

· Registered
2 Posts
Mine looks just like that. The cover broke clean off going through a car wash. Everything still works fine so I just want to replace the cap. Of course, nobody wants to do that. I have to replace the whole antenna which costs $600. How did you
fix yours?
I havent yet...some other people in the thread seemed to have luck buying aftermarket antennas but yeah the OEM is expensive forget it if you want the dealership to install it. My situation is a little different because I still have the cap so since everything still works and I have the cap I'm going to get some JB weld and epoxy it along the edges see if it holds because the cap still "snaps" into place but the housings for the 5 little screws holding it are broken

· Registered
10 Posts
I havent yet...some other people in the thread seemed to have luck buying aftermarket antennas but yeah the OEM is expensive forget it if you want the dealership to install it. My situation is a little different because I still have the cap so since everything still works and I have the cap I'm going to get some JB weld and epoxy it along the edges see if it holds because the cap still "snaps" into place but the housings for the 5 little screws holding it are broken
Still trying to find a cap. This is what mine looks like now.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Trunk

· Registered
3 Posts

· Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
741 Posts

I hope this fits. Waiting for it now
I ordered this for my '16 SXL (in case) and the Box + Recpt ($25) shows ... Part # 96219-D5000EBQK. (In Kia Genuine Parts Box)
Inner Fin Blue label shows ..... 201030 JFPE (JFA)-EB ......
Chk Vehicle Fit OK'd '16 SXL, WHICH has NAV by default........
The AD Pg shows '14-'20 models and ..... it APPEARS to be the same as on the car BUT the actual fit over the base is the unknown..
Call Dealer Svc and give that part confirm OK for your car.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.