Kia Optima Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've tried 3 different fins off Amazon and Ebay - none of them fit over the triangle piece that was left. Still looking for options.

·
Registered
2015 Kia optima
2 Posts
My shark fin popped off last week in one of those drive-through carwashes I went to the dealer purchase the part which was almost $200 they told me it would be $600 or more in labor to have it replaced I went home took my back seat light off it is located right under the shark fin there is one large screw that is holding the shark fin down and there are 2 wires that snap on to the shark fin it took me less than 1 hour to replace my car has the panoramic roof I was very impressed with my self I drove the car almost 1 week before I got the part and it was driving me crazy

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
1,926 Posts
Oh, good to know! So you don't have to drop the headliner to access the underside of the shark fin antenna?

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,045 Posts
Hmmm I have the pano roof on my 2018 SXL and there is no back seat light located right under the shark fin...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dunno if you already replaced the shark fin by now; but I had this same thing happen to me shortly after I bought the car. There's nothing in the shark fin itself. It basically just serves as a cover. You can get a new one off EBay if you don't have the original one and just use JB weld to stick it back on there. I did that with mine months ago; and after it cures, it'll survive any kind of weather conditions. Just make sure you don't wash your car and that it's not gonna rain for at least 24hrs once you set it on there. If it weren't dark right now, I'd show you a picture of how mine turned out. For the most part, you can't even tell it had fallen off at any point.
Which cover did you purchase? I purchased one and it didn't fit

·
Registered
11 Posts
just came in today for my 2014 optima. fits perfect will glue it on

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dunno if you already replaced the shark fin by now; but I had this same thing happen to me shortly after I bought the car. There's nothing in the shark fin itself. It basically just serves as a cover. You can get a new one off EBay if you don't have the original one and just use JB weld to stick it back on there. I did that with mine months ago; and after it cures, it'll survive any kind of weather conditions. Just make sure you don't wash your car and that it's not gonna rain for at least 24hrs once you set it on there. If it weren't dark right now, I'd show you a picture of how mine turned out. For the most part, you can't even tell it had fallen off at any point.
what glue did you use

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you had any luck with you enquiries about the replacement cover? If so, where did you purchase you fin and did the color match? Please let my know.

I know I am late to this I got a cover today here is where I got it from

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I am late to this I got a cover today here is where I got it from

I have a 2015 Kia Optima and my shark fin antenna cover came off during a car wash. I can't find a replacement to match my car's color. It's a dark blue color and the color code is B3U. What a pain.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts