Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a passenger seat that shakes when un-occupied? If I'm doing 55 mph or faster and there is no-one in the front passenger seat, the entire backrest of the seat shakes, with the head rest moving +/- 3/8" back and forth. I've searched the forum and found only one other reference to it. I'm thinking that this is not a common problem and I might mention it the next that it I take it in. And yes, I did check to make sure that the seat mounting bolts are tight.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
yeah. mine moves some too based on road surface, but mainly the headrest is the movement.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Oddly enough mine does that too. I have 2011 Hybrid. The car is smooth, so its not a vibration or anything. But when I first got it I found it really off-putting. I believe the seat is tight and everything though.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
part of what I have thought is that since there ISN'T movement (slack) it is pretty rigid and would send the vibrations directly thru the seat frame/mounting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine vibrates at highway speeds. I moved the seat back far enough to get it out of my peripheral vision. Not a fix, but keeps me from being irritated by it as I drive back and forth to work each day.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine vibrates at highway speeds. I moved the seat back far enough to get it out of my peripheral vision. Not a fix, but keeps me from being irritated by it as I drive back and forth to work each day.
I did the same thing because mine does the same. I think its just the resonance going through the seats and not an issue. Mine only does it at highway speeds too.

·
Registered
294 Posts
All cars, in my experience, that have performance-oriented suspensions to do this. Cars I owned where the passenger seat vibrated:G37, 2011 Dodge Charger R and T with super track pack, G8 GT, Kia Optima SX. Cars I owned where it did not: Honda Minivan, CR-V.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Mine does it too.
Just guessing.There appears to be no isolation between the seat frame and chassis. Might be why I also feel every thud through the driver's seat when I go over bumps. EX.

I've owned many cars that do not do this. Living with it for now.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Just about every car I've owned has done this. This is normal and not noticeable if you are watching the road lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
Funny - I took my 2013 EX for its first long highway drive a few days ago and on the drive back home noticed the passenger seat vibrating too.

I also think it might have had something to do with road surface, speed, other factors, etc. all combining to produce that. The "ride" was smooth at the time, but was at highway speed, with a pretty good crosswind.

Wasn't making any sound or noise, just visibly vibrating... for her pleasure? ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
30 Participants
Turbonut
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing