Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a few years since I last posted here. :) Miss this place!!!

Although it was checked a few years ago and given the orange dipstick my daughter was driving last week and the engine in my 2013 LX seized. Got it towed to the nearest KIA dealership and sure enough, engine was blown. Luckily it's covered under the extended lifetime warranty and they got me a rental for the duration (a Nissan Cashew or whatever it's called, Rogue I think in the US).

Think I'll splurge and get a new head unit (I put an Android one in but it's getting a little long in the tooth) and enjoy it for a few more years.

Despite the blown engine this has been my fave car and I still get people asking me about it.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,298 Posts
Welcome to the group that have had the crappy engine replaced, and as you've decided, better to keep it for a while as depreciation is
so great, it's not worth much if sold.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul X-Line 2.0 MPI
97 Posts
Did the engine actually seize, or go into Limp Mode?
Congrats on getting the vehicle covered under warranty. (y)

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the group that have had the crappy engine replaced, and as you've decided, better to keep it for a while as depreciation is
so great, it's not worth much if sold.
Thanks! :) And yeah, may as well drive it until it falls apart.

Did the engine actually seize, or go into Limp Mode?
Congrats on getting the vehicle covered under warranty. (y)
It lost power and started slowing down so limp mode, after pulling over and turning it off it wouldn't restart. Still pretty pleased that my eight year-old car is gonna have a new engine. :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Potential engine issue or not, this car has been less trouble than my previous VWs, Jetta and Passat TDIs. And not just because they were diesels...I'm not a fan of 'german engineering' after all that.
Approaching 100k miles, mostly trouble free, knock on wood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts