Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima SWP
279 Posts
Why? and welcome to the forums..........

·
Registered
2015 Optima
491 Posts
With something like this: https://www.ebay.com/i/321658629174

Or this: https://www.ebay.com/i/252351663328

Do your research to make sure those fit our cars... Just because it says universal, doesn't mean it necessarily is

Also, this will be the weak point in an accident, insurance companies and law enforcement might take issue with these applications as well, use at your own risk, etc.. etc..

·
Registered
2018 optima gdi turbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cuz i have this old stuberen ass uncle that will not put his on and drives me crazy when hne is in my car....
and thanks

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

is their no way of doing it with a code like clicking it 9 times

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,936 Posts
Welcome to the Optima forums!

There is no way to disable the seatbelt warning other than putting something in there.

We don’t recommend that either, because if you are involved in an accident, it can be bad.

-David

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima S
14 Posts
Seatbelt alarms drive me crazy too... Sometimes I'm only going down the street, or a few blocks, or getting a package outside my gate and I don't want to hear the **** thing beeping all the way to my house, but I also don't want to put my belt on just to take it off 30 sec later.

One of the first things I did to my Optima was disable it. Look under the seat and there's a small white electrical connector at the front. Unplug it and no more annoying seat belt warning. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
1,829 Posts
I like the idea of pre-fastening the seatbelt so it's very uncomfortable for him to sit on top of.

But really, it's a nice excuse to say it's for the bell, when really you are making a stronger statement about him using the belt.

Personally, I wouldn't allow him to ride in my vehicle without a seat belt. If you get in an accident, then it's going to haunt you the rest of your life that you drove your car knowing that a passenger was unsafe, so you will know in your heart that you contributed to his own misfortune. You should just put your foot down and tell him you can't risk that kind of stress, you don't want his blood on your hands.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima S
14 Posts
I've always thought it irritating that my car tells me to wear my seat belt. If I want to wear it, I'll wear it. I don't need a chime and flashing light telling me to do so. If your uncle doesn't want to wear it, then fine - that's his choice. The only time I'd have an issue is if he were in the backseat with my kids - he becomes a large blunt object in an accident, and that's not ok with me.

There are 31 states that have no helmet laws for adults. I personally think it's a poor choice to ride without a helmet (I wouldn't be here a couple times over if I had taken that option), but that's up to the rider, and the Libertarian in me - not that I'd call myself one - thinks that's great. Plus it makes for a great pool of organ donors in those states.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
1,829 Posts
In a rollover that one passenger not wearing his seat belt becomes a blunt trauma death machine to the other innocent passengers who were safely wearing their seat belts. I know it's nice to make decisions for yourself, but I would reconsider if that decision comes at the cost of the safety of others.

·
Registered
253 Posts
There are 31 states that have no helmet laws for adults. I personally think it's a poor choice to ride without a helmet (I wouldn't be here a couple times over if I had taken that option), but that's up to the rider, and the Libertarian in me - not that I'd call myself one - thinks that's great. Plus it makes for a great pool of organ donors in those states.

The "law" needs to take into account the childish nature of motorcycle riders:
Passing a law requiring them to wear a helmet would result in NO helmets in protest.
Not having a helmet law makes it so they ride without a helmet to prove they are tough.
The answer is to make a law BANNING RED helmets...then they would all wear a red helmet to protest the law...:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is buckled and still won’t shut up anymore! Checked and it registers the driver seatbelt, started when the wife decided to haul a 80 pound bag of dog food in the passenger seat but not sure if that’s what caused it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On my old 2006 Sonata there was a little copper slide inside the receptacle that I removed. Only reason I did that was because the chime started as soon as you started the car. I always wear my belt btw.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seatbelt alarms drive me crazy too... Sometimes I'm only going down the street, or a few blocks, or getting a package outside my gate and I don't want to hear the **** thing beeping all the way to my house, but I also don't want to put my belt on just to take it off 30 sec later.

One of the first things I did to my Optima was disable it. Look under the seat and there's a small white electrical connector at the front. Unplug it and no more annoying seat belt warning. 👍
Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why? and welcome to the forums..........
I have a 2019 optima fe and I put my phone in the passenger seat and the passenger seat belt warning goes off. Why is this necessary. Even if it was the driver seat im an adult im able to buy a car why do you have to make something that tells me something I clearly know already 🤔

1 - 16 of 16 Posts