Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter-in-law borrowed my 2018 Optima LX. As she parked at the building where she is employed and not
realizing how low the front of the vehicle is, she scraped over a concrete curb stop at the front of the parking space.

Anybody know of a guard that prevents this and covers the existing damage?

The below photos described the area scraped:

·
Registered
2013 Kia LX
340 Posts
happened to both sides of my optima... checked with a couple of used car dealers who they used to fix there scratches. found one who did both sides and came to my house for 200 bucks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chuck1948, never thought of that, I have a friend whose son is the Used Car Manager for a large dealership, will check with him. I am surprised somebody has not developed and marketed such a product, now that it happened to my vehicle, I see MANY vehicles with the identical damage.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
171 Posts
Ya gotta think, if it were reinforced it would push back and bend/break more. The bending of the plastic is going to be the fix for someone smashing into them with the frame

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just saw this...was wondering if my dent guy could just sand it down smooth, then paint (via aerosol can) flat black and kinda "swoop" it so it would look like an extension of the bottom plastic lip (2016 EX)?!?

·
Registered
25 Posts
My daughter-in-law borrowed my 2018 Optima LX. As she parked at the building where she is employed and not
realizing how low the front of the vehicle is, she scraped over a concrete curb stop at the front of the parking space.

View attachment 249393 View attachment 249394
I put these on my 2015 Optima they look great and are easy to install.
Screenshot_20201117-213743_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20201117-213800_eBay.jpg

View attachment 249393 View attachment 249394
I got these for my 2015 Optima they look great and easy to install. I had scratches in the same place, hide them well and prevented further scratches.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know that this thread is probably dead, but I wanted to share my similar story. I gave my car to my wife, so she could go see a friend. She drove it before and everything was fine every time. But heaven knows why, that one time she ended up hitting the car off a pillar... At least she was fine thanks to the airbag system, but in the end I had to call a scrap car collection company to pick it up from the place where the accident happened. They did the job very quickly and absolutely free. After that I made my wife take additional driving lessons, I hope now that this won't repeat and my new car doesn't get in an accident again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts