Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone. I know I have not been active lately and wanted to let you know that I'm bowing out. I just traded my 2017 Kia Optima LX Turbo for a CPO 2018 Honda Accord Touring. As much as I liked the Optima, that cantankerous DCT finally drove me away from it. Take care everyone and thanks for having me.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,610 Posts
Sorry to see you go, and the '18 Accord is quite a piece of engineering and the Touring puts the LX to shame. One needs to remember though that the Honda was @ $35k when new, opposed to the LX $23k, but would rather have a loaded used car compared to a run of the mill base model.
Good luck

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Turbonut and your are right. Plus, it helped that the Accord was CPO. So I got 7 years or 100,000 mile power train warranty included of which 5 years and around 96,000 or so miles remain. Definitely not terrible.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,610 Posts
When we purchased the wife's 2004 Acura TL back in 2006, it came with a CPO warranty, eased the mind, but never needed to use the warranty. Still have the car, just turned 100k miles and still a gem and in our opinion, better than the 2.0T, not as fast and doesn't have the heated steering wheel, but the overall quality can't be beat, but can't compare to the '18 Accord Touring................want to trade?

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha! Nah, I appreciate it though. This is my 4th Accord and I'm "home again". I will miss a few things about the Optima. The Merlot leather seats (I had the 2017 value package), the folding rear view mirrors, etc. But one drive in the Accord and I was sold. I will not miss that jittery DCT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.