Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine got Husky floor liners and foot lights.... Optima floor liners back.jpg Optima floor liners back.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,191 Posts
how do those floor lights get their power, how do they know when to turn on/off?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Depends on how you want them to work. I had previously installed the led cup holders. I tied the led strips I used for the foot wells into the same power wire as the cup holders. My LEDs come on with the auto headlights. I can also turn them off with the app if I don't want them on.

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just used cheapos: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T8DVCFK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These particular ones are usb powered, I just ran a wire to cig lighter for master on/off. This silly set comes with a wireless remote so you can power, brightness, change colors and silly things like music beat color changes.

The fun is finding a place where the strips cannot be seen directly, so only indirect light is delivered.

I have them on 3 of 4 vehicles, I really like the gentle light they provide only around the footwells, they don't blast out into anyone's eyes. I matched the red the SXL comes with from the factory, looks original. Luck all.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
43 Posts
love the color OP, it provides a nice lighting accent that is not distracting.

but times have been tough for everyone including me - but i was thankful a family member gave me a small hanging storage bag to put my knickknacks (glasses, phone, bubble gum, etc). its always the thoughts that count!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts