Kia Optima Forums banner

Salesperson ignoring about small inquires, can customer do anything about it?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  chrisingrassia 
#1 ·
Awhile back, I bought my Kia Optima EX Turbo 2013 from one of Greater Toronto Area dealership. When the deal was all done, they handled getting new license plate/sticker renewal stuff. When I checked the bill upon picking up the car, I found it a bit more than I expected. I called Service Ontario to figure out exact cost of these fees and found out they charged me roughly $20 more.

Yes, it could be considered reasonable as a service fee for handling that on behalf of customer but problem is that it was not mentioned verbally ahead of time nor on the receipt anywhere. So I emailed the sales rep about it. I expected quick answer or some sort over the email and didn't think it was worth calling the dealership about it. I got no answer though so I emailed the rep again and no answer. I got busy with other important stuff and had forgotten about it.

Now I finally joined the optimaforums, I wanted to ask about whether there is a way to leave some sort of feedback about this not-caring sales rep. This person replied emails promptly BEFORE the sale and after the sale, chose easy route of ignoring any inquires and I hope any new customers be aware of this for shopping at this dealership, etc.

Thanks~

See less See more
#2 ·
it could have been an oversight? truly they charged me $40 for a full tank of gas when we all no in the GTA your not going to fill an optima tank with $40. I just hope in your case this also happened. as measly as $20 is. its the fact the sales rep never got make to you. you could put them on blast and let people know of the dealership. but that's up to you. everything can be looked at by anyone. I know in the gta KIA dealers are hard to come by. But I found Durham Kia to be respectable so far. Let the $20 slide and move to another dealer or choke it up to a service fee, but really you spend 30k on a car they will always hit u with added fee's its there shady way of life.

#5 · (Edited)
...I wanted to ask about whether there is a way to leave some sort of feedback about this not-caring sales rep.
Thanks~
dealerrater.com(my preference), facebook, yelp.com, mydealerreport.com- type away!

BTW, after I bought my car recently, a few weeks later I got a refund check from the dealership for around $50 . I thought this was odd, considering the dealership does not have the best reputation in town. Perhaps your check got lost in the mail.

#6 ·
I wanted to ask about whether there is a way to leave some sort of feedback about this not-caring sales rep. This person replied emails promptly BEFORE the sale and after the sale, chose easy route of ignoring any inquires and I hope any new customers be aware of this for shopping at this dealership, etc.
No auto salesperson cares one iota about a customer after they leave the lot and get their commission check.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.