Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would there be a problem running temporarily my 18 inch full size wheel from my sxl on my ex in case of a flat? Both are 2018 optima's. Will it fit and or cause any mechanical problems short use like 100 miles? Thinking about carrying the 18 inch during trips. I realize it might not fit properly in the well of the ex

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
Assuming it does not rub (which usually occurs on front wheels) in rear, I think it is OK, Rear Only (non-drive wheels). Try it around the block with windows rolled down so you can hear better.

I once went on a cross country road trip in my sxl, I took a jack along, figuring it I took it I would not need it. You've got a good idea, so hopefully Murhpy won't make you use it. Luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming it does not rub (which usually occurs on front wheels) in rear, I think it is OK, Rear Only (non-drive wheels). Try it around the block with windows rolled down so you can hear better.

I once went on a cross country road trip in my sxl, I took a jack along, figuring it I took it I would not need it. You've got a good idea, so hopefully Murhpy won't make you use it. Luck.
Thanks To be safe I purchased a 17 inch rim at Discount Tire for $92.00 yesterday while getting 4 new Michelins installed on the EX. They put my best old tire on the rim. Now I am good to go on that trip. New jack at Nappa for $42.00 and 4 way 14 inch lug wrench S11.99. All including cost to insure for unrepairable road hazards for 3 years $900.00

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
258 Posts
Pretty sure it has to be the same diameter/rollout as the other tires, to not freak out the ABS system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts