Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new to me 2015, 46k mi.,, is rougher riding than my old Sedona. Is it just physics to a small sedan? Has anyone improved the ride with better shocks?

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
1,571 Posts
What do you mean by rough, can you describe the ride quality in more detail?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,442 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums @junksta. Congrats on getting your 2015 Optima.

When you mention having a rough idle, is the car shaking, is the RPM going up & down?

Any additional information that you can provide will be helpful for any recommendations on what the issue could be.

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

-David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm strictly talking about the ride comfort, not any engine problems. Seem to feel every road imperfection more than I would have hoped for. I'm thinking upgraded shocks maybe. I have two new tires to install on front, that might also help. Previous owner installed two new tires on the back 18K ago but not on front. Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,906 Posts
My new to me 2015, 46k mi.,, is rougher riding than my old Sedona. Is it just physics to a small sedan? Has anyone improved the ride with better shocks?
Ride is worse than a covered wagon. I usually say truck, but a truck rides better than this car. '11 EX 2.0T and back in the day, car reviews made the same statement as to the harshness.
Good luck with aftermarket suspension, but guess it can't be any worse.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,442 Posts
I'm strictly talking about the ride comfort, not any engine problems. Seem to feel every road imperfection more than I would have hoped for. I'm thinking upgraded shocks maybe. I have two new tires to install on front, that might also help. Previous owner installed two new tires on the back 18K ago but not on front. Thanks for your interest.
Most likely the struts or shocks (or both) need to be replaced. Although your mileage is not that high, so might not be that, but at least somewhere to start in terms of inspecting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts