Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima Ex
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My 2014 EX has been running very rough at stop lights. The needle will move down along with a quick sputter from the engine which returns to normal right away but it feels sometimes like it is going to stall but it never does. Changed oil and air filter with minimal.improvement. Must be the plugs I am guessing?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima 1.6T LX
24 Posts
My shot in the dark.... bottle of injector cleaner, as others have recommended. Next in line, spark plugs. Not sure when the manual says to change plugs, but check manual and mileage on car. Whatever the manual says for spark plugs, make sure they get done at that point. Been there once with my 86 Toyota PU. Back in the day, those plugs only lasted for about 40 to 50k. And I think that was pushing it, if I remember right.... These new plugs last a lot longer, I believe.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima 1.6T LX
24 Posts
Good point, Turbonut. Was going to mention fuel filter, but because it only happens during low fuel flow condition (idle), probably not that. If a can of injector cleaner doesn't help, may need a scan tool to figure it out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts