Kia Optima Forums banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Yea please let me know bro! Hopefully I can get it before March!
I definitely will!

Any news on a CF front grille yet bro?
Nope it's gonna be sometime before it's available to the public, we are having it made from scratch. So unfortunately will not be done in time for IA.

I am thinking maybe sometime in March. ;)

Just installed mine. Have that dreaded gap everyone seems to have. Is there no way to close that gap??? Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

Looks good, that gap is hardly noticeable to me but is part of the design of the grille. Don't think there is anyway to make it go away. I think it looks great as is though.

·
03/2015 ROTM
2013 Duh EX
2,121 Posts
Looks good, that gap is hardly noticeable to me but is part of the design of the grille. Don't think there is anyway to make it go away. I think it looks great as is though.
Yeah I guess so. It doesn't really bother me that much but I can SEE it :) There is a good 1/2 to 3/4 inch of play in the piece above it though so just seems weird. I may pull it off and mess with the tabs a bit to see if I can close it up a bit.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Alright bro I may have to just get the Road runs before IA then :) and wrap it lol
Not a bad idea!!! But that carbon fiber tho. haha :grin:

Yeah I guess so. It doesn't really bother me that much but I can SEE it :) There is a good 1/2 to 3/4 inch of play in the piece above it though so just seems weird. I may pull it off and mess with the tabs a bit to see if I can close it up a bit.
Yeah I don't think it's that bad at all.

This bugged me so much i sold my roadruns lol
No way!! Didn't know you sold it because of that.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima Optima
1,355 Posts
Alright bro I may have to just get the Road runs before IA then
and wrap it lol
Not a bad idea!!! But that carbon fiber tho. haha

Man I'll have to get the road runs and wrap it lol, I did wanted the CF grill but looking at the way my car is from the front I may just get the RR in gloss back to match the DRL's cause there's CF all over the car already :sweat_smile:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Man I'll have to get the road runs and wrap it lol, I did wanted the CF grill but looking at the way my car is from the front I may just get the RR in gloss back to match the DRL's cause there's CF all over the car already :sweat_smile:
Sounds like a plan, worse case scenario you could always sell it once the Carbon Fiber version is released. ;)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
This is one of my personal favorite mods for the Optima, such a nice upgrade over the factory grille!

Roadruns grille V1 and V2 offer sleek styling with either mesh or honeycomb grille options!

(BUY NOW)

Also be sure to check out all of our threads here on the site in our subforum below:

Optima Forums - K5 Optima Store - Site Sponsor - Sub Forum

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
I thought the whole front part of the 2013/14 optimas were the same?
No, unfortunately, that is not the case.

The 2011-2013 Kia Optima use the same bumpers.

The 2014-2015 Kia Optima use the same bumpers.

Unfortunately, the two different year ranges for the models in terms of the bumpers, they would not be cross compatible.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
This is one of my personal favorite mods for the Optima, such a nice upgrade over the factory grille!

Roadruns grille V1 and V2 offer sleek styling with either mesh or honeycomb grille options!

(BUY NOW)

Also be sure to check out all of our threads here on the site in our subforum below:

Optima Forums - K5 Optima Store - Site Sponsor - Sub Forum

141 - 160 of 160 Posts