Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one thing I don't like about my optima is the roadnoise that comes thru on rougher surfaced roads.

If the road is smooth, like many are on freeways it is OK but on 'pebbly', rough roads, the noise comes thru loud. I compare this auto to my others, an old camry, old 4runner, old prius, newer bmw and newer sequoia, they are all quite on the same roads, uggg.

Needing new tires now so anyone with experiences on not so noisy tires? So far I like the ads for michelins primacy 3, any other suggestions?

These hankooks with the little graph seem impressive, if I can get discount tire to get them for me, I'd like to try them for 30 days. Ventus S1 noble2 | Passenger Car Tires | Hankook USA

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
155 Posts
I've got contintal extreme-contact dws06 they aren't bad. But they are very grippy tires with an appropriate speed rating. So a little noise is forgiven.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Let us know how they sound. IIRC there are some posts about adding noise blocking material strategically also.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,146 Posts
I'm running the Hankook H727 and they are great for road trips. I'm happy with the noise levels, and these are not as good in noise performance as the tires you linked. based on that, I'd say the ones you linked would have even better noise levels than mine, so I think that would be good? My only question is I'm not sure about how my H727 tires would do on a rough road, because I don't really drive on them. All I can say is I don't remember a difference in noise levels the few times I do ride on rough roads, so maybe if there was an issue I would have noticed it. So based on the lack of a memory, I'd say you'd probably do well to try the Hankooks you linked with the maximum noise performance.

here are the specs and chart for the H727. Noise performance is only 5.5 out of 7, but I think it's pretty darn good and quiet for my tastes, so your max 7 out of 7 noise performance tires should be pretty nice:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm running the Vogue Signature V Black series. Had to special order them from Discount Tire. Best tire i have ever had. I have a 2015 Hybrid Optima and the factory tires were just to noisy. When these wear out I will be reordering them again. Do some research on these tires you will be surprised. Honestly its an incredible tire. I now have 43000 miles on these and I just came off a 3000 mile road trip. Still the quietest tire I've ever had. That was the reason I purchased these was the road noise. It solved that problem. Very satisfied customer. They are expensive but worth every penny.

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the ideas everyone! Had not heard of Vogue tires, very interesting tread design. I'm still about a month away from a new set, I'll update with what I found.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Vogue tyres has been around since 1914. Alot of your high end cars like Cadillac and others come from the factory with Vogue tyres. On their website thats how the spell tyre. It really is a super quiet tire. I will be buying them again when the time comes. Choose wisely 😌. Take care.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts