Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my CREE 50 watt reverse lights and Stage 1 LED License Plate lights from Dave @ K5. They are extremely bright, something I needed with my tinted windows! And I no longer need my brake lights to light it up when I use my back up camera. And the plate lights are super bright, and both look awesome!! My visor (since I don't wear hats) ;) off to Dave and everyone else at K5OS! Yet another awesome vendor who takes care of us!!! Keep up the good work bud!
ImageUploadedByAG Free1388725660.968049.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1388725682.356974.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1388725705.419783.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1388725745.333325.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1388725769.079918.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,061 Posts
Hugh you're awesome my friend. I really appreciate guys who take the time to post up pics of the products and give us a shout out. We really work hard to make everyone happy and it's a tough job.

Thank you for your business and for the shout out! Those LEDs are bright!!!! :)

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX-T
710 Posts
I was looking into this as my next purchase.

The only concern I have is this....

Is there TOO much light that it causes too much glare on the camera? I would think if the light is focused enough, it would be fine; but I know sometimes when light is shining directly into the camera it is tough to see anything.

Thanks in advance.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,061 Posts
I was looking into this as my next purchase.

The only concern I have is this....

Is there TOO much light that it causes too much glare on the camera? I would think if the light is focused enough, it would be fine; but I know sometimes when light is shining directly into the camera it is tough to see anything.

Thanks in advance.
Trust me, not at all. I've had all three versions of these LED's in my reverse lights since I started selling them. Absolutely no glare in the camera at all. If you buy them and are not happy for any reason, I will happily refund you in full.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice. How did you get the license plate bulbs in? I can't get the stock bulbs out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
You have to take the trunk liner off and then you can get to the lights easily. No glare on the camera. I love how bright it is now compared to my other lights. I don't even know how people can use stock lights in reverse, pretty dim, compared to these! Piece a cake to do these lights, compared to turn signal lights! ;)

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I just used a screwdriver with a towel, to prevent scratches, and just pried the clear plastic cover off from outside the trunk. It comes off pretty easily.
A Rewards Card or a Gift Card with no $$ left on it or similar also works well, I used my Rite Aid Rewards card once... The last time I replaced mine I had this nifty panel/fastener removal kit & the tool on the far right makes short work of it...

·
Premium Member
4,458 Posts
A Rewards Card or a Gift Card with no $$ left on it or similar also works well, I used my Rite Aid Rewards card once... The last time I replaced mine I had this nifty panel/fastener removal kit & the tool on the far right makes short work of it...

I have a 4 pc cheap set but this one got more pcs :D. How much and is there a link for it jtrade? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,458 Posts
^^ Nevermind, just looked it up on Fleabay ;). Hopefully I can find a decent set for a good price. Sorry for hi jacking your thread Hugh and I have the same 50W from K5 Store as well and they're freaking bright :D.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Yep, you can just pry and push out on the inside edges (or outside I guess if it's easier for you) and the lenses will pop out. Use a plastic tool or screwdriver with gift card, towel, etc.

I did a writeup with removing the trunk liner method but the more times I did it... the more comfortable I got just using the pry out the lens method. If you are worried about scratches, just take out the trunk liner... it's a minimal amount of extra effort, just takes about 20 minutes instead of 5.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Yep, you can just pry and push out on the inside edges (or outside I guess if it's easier for you) and the lenses will pop out. Use a plastic tool or screwdriver with gift card, towel, etc.

I did a writeup with removing the trunk liner method but the more times I did it... the more comfortable I got just using the pry out the lens method. If you are worried about scratches, just take out the trunk liner... it's a minimal amount of extra effort, just takes about 20 minutes instead of 5.
U can stick just a gift card in there & with a little downward force a smack of the gift card with ur palm, pops right out... Screwdriver not needed... ;)

If u have a super flimsy gift card just double em up...

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I hear you... I just use a plastic pry tool... or "bone." Works great.
What is this "bone"...???

EDIT: N/M if it is what I googled looks like one of the tools in my kit but thinner... Gotta get one of those!

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX-T
710 Posts
Hugh you're awesome my friend. I really appreciate guys who take the time to post up pics of the products and give us a shout out. We really work hard to make everyone happy and it's a tough job.

Thank you for your business and for the shout out! Those LEDs are bright!!!! :)
I'm sold!

They'll look great with my custom cut "K"s on the wheels. Also, I finally got around to putting those rear LED turn signals. All I have to say about those is "WOW". Such a sharp color as opposed to the factory halogens.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,061 Posts
I'm sold!

They'll look great with my custom cut "K"s on the wheels. Also, I finally got around to putting those rear LED turn signals. All I have to say about those is "WOW". Such a sharp color as opposed to the factory halogens.
Very good to hear! :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts