Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 SX
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a set of the CO's from Will @ KK, and am quite pleased overall. Had a long gestation period of getting install quotes in my area, almost sold them until Will came to the rescue and helped me install them. I really like the adjustability of ride height and that the setup is substantially lighter than OEM items. I will note though that there was some sort of bolt/nut combo that didn't come with the kit though to hold up the brake line or speed sensor or something like that - Will and I had to improvise and make something that would work. FORTUNATELY my grampa had a slew of extra nuts/bolts that we could choose from and modify, otherwise we would have been SOL needing those items, not being able to put the car back together, and being 40 miles from the nearest hardware store. The CO's did settle about 1/4" front, and about 1/2" in the rear after a couple hundred miles. In fact, I'm needing to raise my rears just a bit as I think it's sitting lower than my fronts now and looks stupid. But it's great that I can adjust that by just taking the wheel off and one bolt and then turning the CO tube. Ride quality is great, responsiveness great. I'm no autophile, so I'm not in tune with my car like some folks here, but I'm very happy with them thus far.

Pics before and after

View attachment 46226
View attachment 46234

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Should put or edit this a little and add to the new reviews section... :)

·
Registered
2012 SX
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should put or edit this a little and add to the new reviews section... :)
I was linked directly to this section upon recommendation. Mods can feel free to move wherever. Is this not a new Products Review section? :icon_scratch:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Glad you ended up installing them! My first set of coilovers were D2s as well, this was back when they first launched their product here in the US.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts