Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am planning to install a new headunit this week and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with retaining the factory camera. I am fairly confident that I can physically adapt the connection to RCA but I'm concerned about signal compatibility. I have a 2015 Optima LX with UVO. My new headunit has a camera input but is not idatalink compatible. Crutchfield sells a kit that claims it can retain factory camera but I don't want to buy a whole interface kit just to keep the camera. Headunit is a Jensen CAR1000. I am also interested in keeping factory mic, USB and aux ports. I'm already pretty confident that they will work but if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have answered my own question, turns out you CAN retain the factory camera with an aftermarket headunit. It's relatively simple. Just T into the reverse signal wire and a ground, then splice signal wires to an RCA connector. It has only been a day but so far so good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.