Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 Optima EX has about 143,500 miles, I bought the car new. Although my AC is doing a decent job cooling with the HOT central Texas weather I was wondering is there a suggested time frame to exchange the 134A coolant I currently have in the car with new 134A coolant? I know with brake fluid over time moisture will find its way in needing it to be replace because its properties have changed. So, what your thought? Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
You should never have to replace 134A as long as you do not have damage or leaks in your system. The entire system is sealed, unlike the brake system. Your brake system is designed to allow you to add fluid easily into a reservoir and it is at that point that moisture can be introduced, either by a bad sealing cap or bad vent.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Above perfect.
The system is like a hone central air unit or a simple refrigerator, do they ever need to be serviced unless a problem..............No.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Turbonut
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing