Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter (bless her heart) has had a couple of light rear end collisions in her 2013 Optima, causing cosmetic damage to the front. Needs a new hood and grill, and I'm looking around for the best prices for parts. I found a hood on rockauto.com for $116 for "regular inventory", $212 for CAPA certified (whatever that is), and $486 for OE. Also, can get a grill for a Korean built for $70 or pay $280 for US built. Anyone have experience with the differences on these items?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 KIa Optima Hybrid
4 Posts
CAPA certified just means it has been "certified" by the Certified Auto Parts Association to be the same fit and performance of OE parts. That does not mean the "regular inventory" part will not work just fine for the replacement.

If cost is your primary concern, I would not have a problem with the Korean built part.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
43 Posts
Enter your VIN on https://www.kiapartsnow.com/ to find the right hood and grille for your U.S. or Korean built vehicle. Searching by VIN is the best and and most accurate way to search for OE parts. Hope this helps if you're still looking for those parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts