Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Optima 1.7 CRDi Spirit
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, one question. Can anybody tell me whether the connectors from the 2013 model fit the headlights from the 2014 model with the integrated drl's (plug n play).

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian

·
Registered
Optima 1.7 CRDi Spirit
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that also means the integrated Drl's work as supposed to be? I am driving the European 2013 optima TF I guess there aren't any big differences to the US version so the plugs should be the same.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Thanks, that also means the integrated Drl's work as supposed to be? I am driving the European 2013 optima TF I guess there aren't any big differences to the US version so the plugs should be the same.
It should be and it shouldn’t affect your DRL, as far as I know N.A vehicles will not have that issue so I would assume yours would be the same unless European K5 are completely out of whack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Optima 1.7 CRDi Spirit
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again. Perfect, will order them and let you know. Checked the car papers again my Optima is built in Korea so I assume no differences to the na version. Have a good one'

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
Pretty sure the seller is listing this incorrectly on eBay.

The 2011-2013 Kia Optima headlights are different fitment than the 2014-2015 Kia Optima headlights.

Therefore, if they fit on the 2014-2015 Optima, they would not fit on the 2011-2013 Optima, as they are different headlights.

We carry them both on our site, and would be happy to price match other listings for you.

2011-2013 Kia Optima KDM Dual Projector Headlights - K5 Optima Store

2014-2015 Kia Optima KDM Dual Projector Headlights - K5 Optima Store

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Oops sorry, after re-reading this thread again I apologized as I thought the OP was asking about the bulb size instead of the headlight. Sorry for the confusion and David are correct in regards to 11-13 and 14-15 are completely different headlights.

·
Registered
Optima 1.7 CRDi Spirit
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks both of you. What are exactly the differences between the 13th and the 14th. For me it seems that the only difference in the front are the fog lights. Grill measures look the same as on the 2013th model. Do the ones in your store for the 2013th model also come with the integrated led stripes?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
Thanks both of you. What are exactly the differences between the 13th and the 14th. For me it seems that the only difference in the front are the fog lights. Grill measures look the same as on the 2013th model. Do the ones in your store for the 2013th model also come with the integrated led stripes?
This might be an issue of different years from different countries.

I say this because the grilles are not the same size.

No, none of the 2011-2013 Kia Optima headlights came with the LED strip built into them.

This was something introduced in 2014. The only way to get them onto a 2013 model, would be to replace the front bumper, as well as the fenders I believe.

However, if you like the look of the LED strip in the headlight, we do offer this product on our site here: 2011-2013 Kia Optima 2-Way LED Eyeline Kit - K5 Optima Store

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
11-13 models does not have the led strip DRL above the headlight like the 14-15 models has but you can get a similar DRL that David is selling and just add that to your headlight. It looks awesome and it has that OEM look to it, plus it has switchback white/amber led for turn signal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts