Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my backup camera is on the fritz, and should probably be replaced. Has anyone installed a new camera before? I wasn't sure if I should stay with OEM stuff; I don't mind paying the price, but if there are other options I'm open to suggestion.

The model I saw was a Dorman 590-619 version. There were some other ones, but I'm still in the middle of reseaching.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
596 Posts
Hopefully someone will offer you -- a LINK -- to a 2015 Brand X camera - BUT - I entered "backup camera" (use quotes) in Advanced Search and got a lot of Threads you'll have to wade thru If left to you to evolve an answer.
eBay Motors has been a source IF you're a Smart Searcher...
Discussed often but I don't know What Years are clumped together for the same camera; MY '16 got a New Shaped camera & I've seen only ONE on eBay, although I haven't looked in awhile.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hopefully someone will offer you -- a LINK -- to a 2015 Brand X camera - BUT - I entered "backup camera" (use quotes) in Advanced Search and got a lot of Threads you'll have to wade thru If left to you to evolve an answer.
eBay Motors has been a source IF you're a Smart Searcher...
Discussed often but I don't know What Years are clumped together for the same camera; MY '16 got a New Shaped camera & I've seen only ONE on eBay, although I haven't looked in awhile.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I didn’t want to pay Kia prices so I bought one off of ebay and just installed it. It works better than the original when new if I can recall. Super easy to install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts