Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2015 ...Replaced wheel speed sensor due to damage to wiring..disconnected battery to reset codes worked fine for about 45 min then ABS and traction control and low tire pressure came back on....check engine light and power steering lights are now off and work fine...is there anything else I have to do to reset traction control and ABS ??? Do I need a special scan tool??

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,575 Posts
I would think if the lights were off for a short period of time the reset by disconnecting the battery worked. Just an example, SRS codes need to be done by a SRS tool after the replair, and if not done, even after disconnecting the battery won't do the job, the light would come on immediately at start.
Would think you would need a reader to see what code is stored, and then take corrective action.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thank you... Makes sense. Is there a website where I can find a SRS tool for a decent price?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 ...Replaced wheel speed sensor due to damage to wiring..disconnected battery to reset codes worked fine for about 45 min then ABS and traction control and low tire pressure came back on....check engine light and power steering lights are now off and work fine...is there anything else I have to do to reset traction control and ABS ??? Do I need a special scan tool??
There is one for each side. I had mine replaced on both sides last month did both to save money. Have you checked the other side?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the only reason I fixed the passenger side was due to speed sensor wire actually being ripped in half by a piece of semi truck tire I ran over...before that the car was perfectly fine but I did look on the driver's side to make sure there was no abvious signs of damage

1 - 6 of 6 Posts