Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to this forum I bought a 2020 optima S wonder if there’s a way to remote start the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only if you purchased this:
So there’s no way to do it with the current key fob? Sucks :( my 2018 Malibu has it on the fob just wondered if that was possible w the optima

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,600 Posts
Sorry misunderstood the question, but the best bet is to contact a local shop that does installations. On our '11 w/push button start, I had a choice between using the factory remote or to use an additional fob. The remote start with the factory fob, the range was only as far as that remote would now work, which I found unacceptable.
The remotes are so far advanced now, I'm not certain as to all the options available, e.g. using a smart phone etc.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
Hello there, and welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on getting your 2020 Optima S, I think we might have EXACTLY what you are looking for.

Below on our website you will find the remote starter we offer that uses your original OEM factory remote.

K5OS Canbus Control Module - K5 Optima Store

Let us know if you have any questions about the product.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello there, and welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on getting your 2020 Optima S, I think we might have EXACTLY what you are looking for.

Below on our website you will find the remote starter we offer that uses your original OEM factory remote.

K5OS Canbus Control Module - K5 Optima Store

Let us know if you have any questions about the product.

-David
K5 Optima Store
I see this only goes up to 2019 not the 2020 and if I was to install what shop would be willing to? The Kia shop?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry misunderstood the question, but the best bet is to contact a local shop that does installations. On our '11 w/push button start, I had a choice between using the factory remote or to use an additional fob. The remote start with the factory fob, the range was only as far as that remote would now work, which I found unacceptable.
The remotes are so far advanced now, I'm not certain as to all the options available, e.g. using a smart phone etc.
If you know any way let me know I’m no expert lol

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
I see this only goes up to 2019 not the 2020 and if I was to install what shop would be willing to? The Kia shop?
That is a great question, I will check with the manufacturer to confirm.

However, pretty sure it will work on the 2020 Optima, same as the 2016-2019 models.

I will confirm and post back here afterward. In terms of "who" would install it, I would NOT recommend the Kia Dealership.

It's best to find a competent and qualified electrical installer in your area, that has experience with doing car alarms/remote starters, etc.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,600 Posts
^I was going to suggest the K5 Canbus Control module, but thought it was only for push button start.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you! I thought all of the new 2019+ Optima models come with a push start now, don't they?
Mine does have a push button and no actually the Lower trim doesn’t have push button. Once u find out let me know so I can get that all taken care of

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
Mine does have a push button and no actually the Lower trim doesn’t have push button.
Glad to hear it, but isn't the Optima "S" below the 2.0T SX & SX-L models?

Optima "LX" 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4 cylinder)

Optima "S" 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4 cylinder)

Optima "SX" 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4 cylinder turbo)

Optima "SX-L" 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4 cylinder turbo)

If the bottom 3 options comes with a push start from factory, one would think that the only option left for the base would also come with it as well.

At some point, Kia will stop using a standard key start and move all of their vehicles to a push start. I thought that had already taken place on the newest models.

Once u find out let me know so I can get that all taken care of
Absolutely, I will post back here within the next 24 hours or less, hopefully.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am not a car genius lol I just know when I bought them the lowest one still had to use a key to start and I opted for that and the next trim was what I got had push button start and a red S on the back which was the model

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
I am not a car genius lol I just know when I bought them the lowest one still had to use a key to start and I opted for that and the next trim was what I got had push button start and a red S on the back which was the model
I gotcha, was the base model you originally bought also a 2019 as well?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,600 Posts
Mine does have a push button and no actually the Lower trim doesn’t have push button. Once u find out let me know so I can get that all taken care of
You got me on that one! One matrix I used indicated the 2020 S came w/o push button start, but after your reply I checked another site, and as you stated, the S does have the push button start.
In that case there are numerous aftermarket remote starts available.

I would have mentioned this in the previous post, but at the time thought the car was a key start:
The K5 model is quite unique and has many features, just make certain you can obtain someone qualified to do the installation, and as I don't know, one other question is the distance said remote will work.

As you have a push button start, some after market remotes can be used with a smart phone with unlimited range, or even with one remote up to a mile. I've always used a Viper system and on their site, one can build the unit they require and find an installer in the area.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts