Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a 2016 Kia Optima SX, is there a way or a different key that I need for remote start? Or does my car just not have the option? Please help. Thank you!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,378 Posts
I didn't have the slightest idea, but in just a few minutes, the '16 Optima does not have a remote starter, and as the optional remote starer installed by the dealer
is not available for any turbo model, guess you'll need to look into an aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
170 Posts
It has features tailored to the optima that you can't match.

Auto unlock/lock of doors as you walk away/to the car. Sunroof opening/closing for the hot days. Unlocking your car without keys. My favorite feature.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums @K5_Diego

Congrats on getting your 2016 Optima SX. They do not include a remote starter from factory.

As mentioned above, we do carry the K5OS Canbus Control Module, which is not only a remote starter, but adds a bunch of other cool features.

Feel free to reach out with any questions before ordering on our site.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
The BEST aftermarket is sold by K5optimastore.com the canbus unit is amazing. Bought it and installed it on my 18' sxl. It works wonderfully and I wouldn't trade it for any other.
It has features tailored to the optima that you can't match.

Auto unlock/lock of doors as you walk away/to the car. Sunroof opening/closing for the hot days. Unlocking your car without keys. My favorite feature.
Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts