Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this has been posted or not, but when i installed my audio (adding subs and amps) i made a thorough research but cant find any, i spent at least 2 hours doing research while my project still on halt...i was having trouble looking for "remote signal" to activate the amp..some says cigarette lighter may do the job, yes it is but u need to pull wires to the front...

here is how i do it, power cable pulled from the battery through the firewall..

(credits to guardiannite for the pic)

sanded some part of the rear trunk below the carpet where there is a bolt holding the trunk cabin cover for the groundings..

splice the factory infinity subwoofer and connected it to "hi to low" converter and ran the RCA to the amps.. ( i removed my stock subs and not using it anymore, but still keeping it for future use)

NOW...as for the remote signal...

Connector A, pin 7, tap a wire into it and connect it to your aftermarket amp "remote" terminal..it should switch on and off the amp, following the "acc" from the key or double clicking the start push button..

i tested and it worked perfectly..

i asked car audio technicians, they said its not possible to take remote signal from OEM amplifier.. but i made it possible.

sorry for the lack of pictures, because im at work lol.

·
Registered
'13 K5
25 Posts
I did the exact same with my 03 vw gti that has an external amp. Worked perfectly. Although when I installed my kenwoof double din dvd/navi I ran a new remote because I was all up in there anyway.

I wonder why they say it wont work? Not like a remote wire is pulling a bunch of juice

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima LX
38 Posts
Maybe I'm not getting what you are asking, but are you talking about the "signal" that tells the amp to turn on? That should just be a switched, unless you want the amps available with the key off, 12V signal. You can get that from anything that is only powered when the key is ON.

If you want the amp to be powered any time, run a wire through a switch from the battery.

Tim

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima HYBRID
3,606 Posts
Same here, i got a little confuse..

Remote Signal is the blue wire right? Remotely switches ON amp. I always hook up mine on the stock radio, so it automatically turns on when i turn the radio on. i havent done anything on my optima yet but thats what i always do and did on my older cars like my 2011 sorento etc.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it would be PITA to take out the din (unless you are re-doing) all the units including HU, i kept my HU stock, ran a power amplifier through a hi-low converter on the stock subs, removed the stock subs, ran a remote signal wire for the power amps to turn on whenever the radio turns on and last but not least, i wouldnt pull wire from the front the the back for the remote signal, keeping it nice and tidy

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
1,663 Posts
it would be PITA to take out the din (unless you are re-doing) all the units including HU, i kept my HU stock, ran a power amplifier through a hi-low converter on the stock subs, removed the stock subs, ran a remote signal wire for the power amps to turn on whenever the radio turns on and last but not least, i wouldnt pull wire from the front the the back for the remote signal, keeping it nice and tidy
The factory amp is located in the rear passenger trunk area, so tapping the 7 pin ACC lead on the factory amp should be easier than pulling the head unit in my opinion.

However, I would just use the rear sub inputs and a line-out convertor that has a signal sensing feature that turns the amp on when it get a signal from the factory head-unit if I just add an aftermarket subwoofer and amp.

Here is a signal sensing model that provides an amp turn-on.
Axxess AX-MLOC725 (axmloc725) 2 Channel Mini 150 Watt LOC With

Reactions: Irongoats

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL Kenetic
7 Posts
sorry if this has been posted or not, but when i installed my audio (adding subs and amps) i made a thorough research but cant find any, i spent at least 2 hours doing research while my project still on halt...i was having trouble looking for "remote signal" to activate the amp..some says cigarette lighter may do the job, yes it is but u need to pull wires to the front...

sanded some part of the rear trunk below the carpet where there is a bolt holding the trunk cabin cover for the groundings..

splice the factory infinity subwoofer and connected it to "hi to low" converter and ran the RCA to the amps.. ( i removed my stock subs and not using it anymore, but still keeping it for future use)

Connector A, pin 7, tap a wire into it and connect it to your aftermarket amp "remote" terminal..it should switch on and off the amp, following the "acc" from the key or double clicking the start push button..

What is Connector A pin 7 exactly? I have a 2016 Optima SXL with the Amp mounted in the back right side of the trunk and there is (2) Connectors A & B i assume but there is nothing to clarify that besides the color one connector is (white) the other (black) & to make it even more confusing they both have the same exact number of pins. Only difference is (white)-Connector pin 7 there is a green/blue wire & (black)-Connector pin 7 there is nothing. So what is what here? Please help me out with this one.

i asked car audio technicians, they said its not possible to take remote signal from OEM amplifier.. but i made it possible.

Im a bit at a stand still.What is Connector A pin 7 exactly? I have a 2016 Optima SXL with the Harmon Cardon Amp mounted in the back right side of the trunk and there is (2) Connectors A & B i assume but there is nothing to clarify that besides the color one connector is (white) the other (black) & to make it even more confusing they both have the same exact number of pins. Only difference is (white)-Connector pin 7 there is a green/blue wire & (black)-Connector pin 7 there is nothing. So what is what here? Please help me out with this one.

Im a bit at a stand still.What is Connector A pin 7 exactly? I have a 2016 Optima SXL with the Harmon Cardon Amp mounted in the back right side of the trunk and there is (2) Connectors A & B i assume but there is nothing to clarify that besides the color one connector is (white) the other (black) & to make it even more confusing they both have the same exact number of pins. Only difference is (white)-Connector pin 7 there is a green/blue wire & (black)-Connector pin 7 there is nothing. So what is what here? Please help me out with this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts