Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Optima Optima SX Turbo
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked all over but can't seem to find out when the GT trim will be in showrooms?

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima Lx
34 Posts
If you go to Kias website and try to build a GT it says it will be available December but doesn't give an exact day

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
592 Posts
[2021 Kia K5 - Build & Price - LX, LXS, GT-Line, EX & GT Trims | Kia

Note the "GT Pkg (avail Dec) REMOVES: XM radio and - the Parking Distance Warning (PDW), Reverse - And UVO link remote connectivity.
No mention if the Bose Pkg HAS XM Radio; The Parking Dist Warning, IF the same here as on my '16 SXL, lets me Hear Oncoming cars when backing out in a parking lot Before I can see them.
Does UVO Link loss affect the cold-weather users for Remote Start?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[2021 Kia K5 - Build & Price - LX, LXS, GT-Line, EX & GT Trims | Kia

Note the "GT Pkg (avail Dec) REMOVES: XM radio and - the Parking Distance Warning (PDW), Reverse - And UVO link remote connectivity.
No mention if the Bose Pkg HAS XM Radio; The Parking Dist Warning, IF the same here as on my '16 SXL, lets me Hear Oncoming cars when backing out in a parking lot Before I can see them.
Does UVO Link loss affect the cold-weather users for Remote Start?
On CarsDirect when you choose the GT trim it gives you the option to choose the GT1 Package and you get all of the stuff you wrote
GT1 Package
  • LED Projection Headlights
  • Memory Drivers Seat & Outside Mirrors
  • 10-Way Power Passenger Seat
  • Includes 8 way power passenger seat with 2 way lumbar support.
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Ventilated Front Seats
  • Leather-Wrapped Gear Shift Knob
  • Radio: AM/FM/SiriusXM Bose Premium Audio System
  • Includes 10.25" color TFT touchscreen, navigation, HD Radio, wired Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, telematics, voice recognition, natural language understanding, telematics, Bose premium audio with 12-speakers including subwoofer, external amplifier, active sound design and Bluetooth with multiple device connection.
  • Parking Distance Warning - Reverse
  • Parking Collision Avoidance-Assist - Reverse
  • Smart Cruise Control w/Stop & Go
  • Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist - Junction Turn
  • Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist - Cyclist
  • Highway Driving Assist
  • Navigation-Based Smart Cruise Control - Curve

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
592 Posts
On CarsDirect when you choose the GT trim it gives you the option to choose the GT1 Package and you get all of the stuff you wrote
List Omitted
Now THAT makes more sense BUT the Build-a Car KIA site shows this / Assuming CarDirect is correct Let's agree it's a horrible Kia presentation of fact .... I assumed the Bose Option had XM but it's stupid way to educate buyers........
Oh, just noticed NO AUTO-HOLD, which stopped at light (particularly on a hill) lets you take your foot off the brake - I'd miss that.
Black-Only Interior with Red Accent; Not even 2-Tone Black-Red allowed.... My very deep-red Aubergine is my all-time best ; I'll need therapy to accept Black Only.
'16 SXL 360 4-cameras is a Really nice feature to give up .....

Choosing the GT (Avail-Dec) trim removes:

• Front Grille, Hyper Silver
  • Outside Mirrors, Body-Color
  • Rear Combination Lamp, Bulb Type
  • 18-inch Alloy Wheels, Gray Machine Finish
  • UVO link remote connectivity
  • SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
  • Ventilated Front Seats
  • Accent Trim, Wood Graphics
  • Turbocharged 1.6 liter 4-Cylinder
  • 1,598 cc
  • Continuously Variable Valve Duration (CVVD)
  • Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI)
  • 180 hp @ 5,500 rpm
  • 195 lb.-ft. @ 1,500-4,500 rpm
  • 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
  • Parking Distance Warning (PDW), Reverse

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've looked all over but can't seem to find out when the GT trim will be in showrooms?
I spoke to a dealer here in Texas and there are not any in production yet. The Kia website had also said that they were going to be available in Nov, then pushed it to Dec. We are looking into Jan now

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I spoke to a dealer here in Texas and there are not any in production yet. The Kia website had also said that they were going to be available in Nov, then pushed it to Dec. We are looking into Jan now
WOW. If none are in production yet I don't think we will see any in Dec.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,146 Posts
And yet Kia keeps trying to whet people's appetites by continuing to show their commercials that predominently show off the GT...

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,146 Posts
COS-16SXL--now I'm not saying that the following is accurate, as I am only going off of what I see on Kia's web page, but if you go to the link (below) and scroll down to and expand the "Performance" section and then scroll down to the "Body/Chassis" subsection it mentions "Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) w/ Auto Hold":

K5 GT

To be fair I don't know if Auto Hold gets removed if you select a certain package within the GT trim but again, according to Kia's webpage Auto Hold is included in the GT.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
592 Posts
Thanks, tonester. The Build-a-Car site contradicts some of this -- but your site is the mother-lode of features.
Time will tell.

BTW, IF YOU have the OCC drain tube kit would you mine checking your PM's as I sent you one thinking you do.
Or anyone with it, does it work as advertised?

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,146 Posts
BTW, IF YOU have the OCC drain tube kit would you mine checking your PM's as I sent you one thinking you do.
Or anyone with it, does it work as advertised?
I don't have the OCC drain kit--my OCC doesn't trap enough oil for me to even bother draining it any more frequently than with each regular oil change, thus having to unscrew the canister to empty the OCC is not too big an inconvenience for me.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
592 Posts
Thanks, t ! I, too, have had surprisingly little fluid collected since March and it's always water'y.
I can't understand HOW one guy posted an almost full can he said was from just a 500 mile trip, and others have posted similar full cans. We should be thankful.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,146 Posts
LOL he was probably apply heavy throttle much of the time and/or spent most of the drive time in Sport mode.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts