Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE: 2003 Optima SE 2.7L (is there no forum for this year car anymore?)
Anybody know what device is clicking behind the glove box (it's actually between the glove box and the passenger side a-pillar), when the engine is started (technically you hear it clicking when the car doesn't start, when turning the key in the ignition switch)?

I have an issue with my starter/solenoid that is preventing the engine from starting, but I can't figure out what is clicking behind the glove box. The starter relay appears to be in fuse block under the hood on the driver-side. I can't think of what other device is even in this starting circuit. :)

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
178 Posts
RE: 2003 Optima SE 2.7L (is there no forum for this year car anymore?)
Anybody know what device is clicking behind the glove box (it's actually between the glove box and the passenger side a-pillar), when the engine is started (technically you hear it clicking when the car doesn't start, when turning the key in the ignition switch)?

I have an issue with my starter/solenoid that is preventing the engine from starting, but I can't figure out what is clicking behind the glove box. The starter relay appears to be in fuse block under the hood on the driver-side. I can't think of what other device is even in this starting circuit. :)
The relay is probably clicking when the vehicle actually starts also but you may not be able to hear it because the starter/engine drowns it out. A faulty ignition switch can be intermittent just like the solenoid on the starter or a relay could be intermittent as well. Just have to have someone start and see which one doesn't click at times or put out or in voltage with a meter at times. If the starter solenoid clicks every single time and gets that voltage to start the old trick is to smack it with a hammer to get it to start which means the starter is bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts