Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima PHEV
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forum, and the interwebs, and there isn't a lot to be found. So thought I'd try throwing this out to the crowd.

Got a weird warning today on my 2017 PHEV: "Refill Inverter Coolant". The warning takes up the full dash-center information screen. You can click down or up and it goes away, then immediately returns. I called and left a message with the dealer because I literally saw this the same day I had the car serviced, just a little later in the day.

The inverter coolant is part of the battery operation. The service should have in theory checked all fluids and topped as necessary. So either they lied and didn't do that, or they did and maybe overfilled or spilled some, are my suspicions. Small chance there is a leak I suppose, though seems quite a coincidence for that to come up right after service.

Anyone ever gotten this warning before?

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima PHEV
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Inverter coolant refill

It's just antifreeze from what i read, but i'd look in the owners manual first.
Thanks. As an update to this, I spoke with the dealership where that recent repair was done. They do not refill that inverter coolant in the normal course of things. They only fill it if needed. But, I found out that in the recent repair was a BMS (battery management system) software update, and we think that caused the temporary alerts. I have been driving the car for a few weeks now and the alert has not come back up. So, all good I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts