Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering if I replace the radio in my 2015 Kia optima do I have to have it re-programmed if it’s the same factory radio? Can anybody give me advice please wondering in San Diego

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,403 Posts
I replaced the radio/nav system in out '11, no problem with radio/nav operation.

The only problem I had was on a trip to Florida, the Sirius cut out and message to contact Sirius. I called and they stated that the subscription ran out, but that was impossible, just renewed the month before, then it hit me..............different radio, different subscription. Gave them the radio number and good to go.

·
Registered
2015 Optima LX
5 Posts
Dealing with the same issue right now. Had some pressure damage happen during a install and I found a few good ones in eBay! Do you have Navi or infinity system? You have to get the right one or else it won’t work.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,681 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums @Maretta

I'm not too entirely sure on that one, but I do not believe so.

Are you purchasing a new replacement stereo for your Kia, or used?

I only ask because we do have an OEM Integrated Navigation System/Stereo that we sell, that is much less than an OEM replacement.

Let me know if you're interested, and I can send you the link to check it out. We do have great promotions running for it now as well.

-David
K5 Optima Store

1 - 4 of 4 Posts