Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Stag arms .223 and Im looking to get a red dot. Opinions or suggestions on what and where to buy. Im looking at an EOTech because I know they are reliable when I need it. If anyone else has one that they love with none-minimal issues that is cheaper please let me know!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a new Stag arms .223 and Im looking to get a red dot. Opinions or suggestions on what and where to buy. Im looking at an EOTech because I know they are reliable when I need it. If anyone else has one that they love with none-minimal issues that is cheaper please let me know!!
It largely depends on what you want it for too. Is it going to just be a range toy, part-time truck or home defense gun, any hunting or shooting classes? After answering that the next thing is budget. One thing I will ask that many people don't is do you have astigmatism? Red-dots and astigmatism don't play well together and some models are annoying to use because of it. The big three are Eotech, Aimpoint and Trijicon.
Eotech- reliable, medium size, not the greatest batter life, average pricing usually least expensive of the three brands.
Aimpoint- reliable, compact size, outstanding battery life, average pricing for high end
Trijicon- reliable, biggest, many models that don't require batteries, most expensive.

·
Registered
2013 Optima
246 Posts
I run an Aimpoint because I want the ability to be more accurate down range or running drills. The Eotech is great for sight picture up close but I've found that I can flare my Aimpoint brightness to mimic the Eotechs sight picture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts