Kia Optima Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima EX GDI
11 Posts
I have a 2013 Kia Optima and my engine seized 2 weeks ago. I'm the 2nd owner and never received a recall to update.
I am out of 1300 dollars on a rental. The oil changes and tune ups were done and this is the first time since I bought it 3 years ago that it has put me down. It's at the dealership now pending a diagnostic test. There is a lifetime warranty on the car with 127,000 miles. I explained to them that I can't get any update without knowing to do one. Now the wait begins. I have no more money for a rental. This has me really stressed.
Any updates on your situation? I think I’m in the same situation as you unfortunately.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wish yall well it's been 30 days dealing with it now myself had the sc147 done which covered bearing etc. failure but hadn't had the latest recall issue taken care of with the high pressure line bursting even while parked 🤯 so it voided the sc-147 warranty and said that this recall issue has to be done "before" the engine fails. I said dont u mean and "if" the engine fails. I know I'm just a hillbilly from WV with not much learnin but sheesh. 😂🤣 So I commence to callin round evry muff uckin whar. (<-- hillbilly for.. I called corporate). When I spoke to the lady there she told me that one didnt have to do with the other and what did the dealership tell me came up in the diagnostic. He told me 8000$ for new engine wasn't covered then offered me 400$ to buy my car. This is three weeks after the engine dying (while driving some curvy roads listening to some Upchurch) and losing everything, steering, brakes etc. luckily I am the best driver EVER and slid that turd off the road pretty slick 🤣😂🤣. I called two days ago for a status update and was told the car was being diagnosed u were put on "priority" list they should have diagnostic done in 3 days. 🤬🤬🤬 I said they told me that 17,000 years ago but he didnt even diagnose it just tried to snatch my car for 400$ on some slick 💩. NAH!! Today get a call from kia consumer dept that I had moved to urgent status and that because my car had 170k miles on it that i would have to pay for the repairs because the "lifetime" warranty is 150k miles. Well I began to tell them that literally every muff uckin body I talked to asked me year make model vin so yall knowing that info why would u have me pay for a 315$ tow going away from my house it broke down a mile away from home I would have drug that turd home sideways if I'd known that. "Were sorry"......"yes maam I'd have to agree" Long story made little longer I got 💩 on up until they realized their loophole then I was urgent status "hurry the muff uck up Darby and call tell them they get nothing" Kia sucks I will make it my lifes muff uckin mission to stop and talk to every single person driving one of those death traps. Fyi recently they were sued for non compliance for not notifying people properly as well had the original owner they sent the recall notifications to which they are supposed to actively seek out registered owners because they are super dangerous. Kia told me it was my responsibly to check to see if my used cars have issues ,which come to find out is true in most cases, " but not when the court orders u to actively seek out owners Darby" Sorry for the rant peeps but they are some crooks at Kia from top to bottom they know that it is not a matter of if those cars are going to shut off without any kind of warning or catch fire just sitting engine off in your garage but when and they hope it happens at mile 150,001 mile. Yall be safe out there and quit driving those cars get your upgrades so they cant loophole u and then park that baby before it gets to 150k and let it run eventually it will lock up. Sucks they let them limit that not everyone drives the same or takes care of their cars the same so good car maintenance can bite u in the ass if u drive a 2012 kia.🤣😂🤣 later yall

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,516 Posts
What is that recall issue with the high pressure line? I have a 2012 and I want to make sure to get it, but I'm not sure what it is?

Also I don't understand what you mean by the 150K mile limit. That's wrong? the engine warranty is 15 years and UNLIMITED mileage for ALL owners (original, 2nd, etc.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Long time lurker, first time poster. Dropped our 2012 optima off at the dealership to have some of the recalls fixed. One of the major recalls that I was concerned about was not performed. On the printout, it reads SC147 2.4L GDI & 2.0L T-GDI THETA ENGINE void - - recall no longer exists
Work not performed. The car has 154,000 miles. I thought the warranty for it was extended to 20 years, unlimited mileage. Going to call them in the morning. Just got back from vacation and picked the car up from the lot today (Sunday). Was curious if anyone had any insight into this before I’m possibly fed a line from the service dept. Thanks a bunch.
They told me lifetine warranty for the bearing issue ends their commitment at 150k miles even though they know for 100% fact the car does lock up or catch fire eventually they're just hoping it happens at 151k miles. I never got a letter of any kind from kia they are supposed to even give u an option to back out of the settlement and pursue your own legal action but that option is no longer available as of August 20021. They have already been in trouble for compliance.. kinda sucks to find out your rights after the fact how can I weigh my legal options if I had no idea I had any until too late. Which was by design from kia if u ask this ole boy

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is that recall issue with the high pressure line? I have a 2012 and I want to make sure to get it, but I'm not sure what it is?

Also I don't understand what you mean by the 150K mile limit. That's wrong? the engine warranty is 15 years and UNLIMITED mileage for ALL owners (original, 2nd, hi

Also I don't understand what you mean by the 150K mile limit. That's wrong? the engine warranty is 15 years and UNLIMITED mileage for ALL owners (original, 2nd, etc.)
The high pressure fuel pump lines are bursting which sits on top your engine catching parked cars on fire while shut off. Yeah I'm I'm baffeled by that one too the tech and his supervisor told me since over 150k good luck and have to pay for it myself

High pressure Fuel line bursting even with car not running catching fire.
Yeah I thought the same but had a tech and his supervisor both tell me that today

·
Registered
8 Posts
The high pressure fuel pump lines are bursting which sits on top your engine catching parked cars on fire while shut off. Yeah I'm I'm baffeled by that one too the tech and his supervisor told me since over 150k good luck and have to pay for it myself

High pressure Fuel line bursting even with car not running catching fire.
Yeah I thought the same but had a tech and his supervisor both tell me that today
They just keep coming up with more bs first was if u dont have the one done it voids the other warranty....nope not in the market not buying it...then no diagnostic just offer me 400$ to buy it at dealership....now its because it has over the 150k miles I asked does that 150k start when yall put that part on it because if ya would've told me this price of crap was either going to just die suddenly or catch fire I wouldn't have been letting my daughters who are 18 and 17 and one just turned 15 and wife drive it they could've killed my babies and dont care

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,073 Posts

Just an update, no 15 year limit:
Also, the Powertrain Warranties for the Class Vehicles will be extended to a Lifetime Warranty, to the extent it was not
previously extended under a service campaign.

engine vearing failure but hadn't had the latest recall issue taken care of with the high pressure line bursting even while parked 🤯 so it voided the sc-147 warranty and said that this recall issue has to be done "before" the engine fails
Have then show you in the settlement where it states all recalls need to be done before the engine fails.
Was the KSDS update installed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just an update, no 15 year limit:
Also, the Powertrain Warranties for the Class Vehicles will be extended to a Lifetime Warranty, to the extent it was not
previously extended under a service campaign.

Have then show you in the settlement where it states all recalls need to be done before the engine fails.
Was the KSDS update installed?
Yes the lady at corporate said that it was covered because that was false but then today the consumer dept said the 150k bull

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,073 Posts
Then there should be no problem. Like I said before, have then show you where in the Settlement does it specifies that a recall, in this case HP fuel line inspection, needs to be done before the engine commits suicide. If not done, warranty void, like to see their response.
Just a terrible company!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Then there should be no problem. Like I said before, have then show you where in the Settlement does it specify that a recall, in this case HP fuel line inspection,
needs to be done before the engine commits suicide.
🤣😂 awesome thank u so much for the info!! Just looked at the revised settlement documents and what it says about cars over 150k that kia has to give me blue book value fair/private value or 2000$ if I want to keep car and sign papers saying accept liability and avoid remaining warranty and it's the car owners choice
Line Font Parallel Screenshot Electric blue

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,073 Posts
Guess it's up to them to make the decision, but can't replace the engine for 2k, and KBB private, very good, depending on options, $6600,
but once again, what can you purchase for that amount? Hope they replace the engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How do their employees
Guess it's up to them to make the decision, but can't replace the engine for 2k, and KBB private, very good, depending on options, $6600,
but once again, what can you purchase for that amount? Hope they replace the engine.
If they choose not to replace the engine then I have a choice kbb value or 2k and keep car I just assume the kbb is a cheaper option than the engine past the150k mark value but I only gave 3,000$ for the car 3 years ago so 6600 would be ok with me I read some small print where it says the replacement engines aren't new they are rebuilt but not sure how true that is

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,073 Posts
How do their employees

If they choose not to replace the engine then I have a choice kbb value or 2k and keep car I just assume the kbb is a cheaper option than the engine past the150k mark value but I only gave 3,000$ for the car 3 years ago so 6600 would be ok with me I read some small print where it says the replacement engines aren't new they are rebuilt but not sure how true that is
There's been a debate over that question, and as far as I'm concerned they are new until somebody proves me wrong. It would be impossible to rebuild the engines that have been run dry, no lube, seized, and have out of round cylinders as they would need to be bored, oversized pistons, and the cranks would need to be turned and fitted with the correct bearings, too much work for the hundreds of thousands of engines that need replacement.

·
Registered
305 Posts
... I read some small print where it says the replacement engines aren't new they are rebuilt but not sure how true that is
Read attached settlement. It is a New Long Block, look up definition if you don't know what that means. What is not new are all the things that do not come with a new long block, all the accessories, fuel pump, turbo, ect, ect....

Now you know it is both things, new and old.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,516 Posts
Is there another dealership you can use?

It seems like you are dealing with a corrupt dealership, who lies cheats and steals.

Another dealership may be less likely to lie to you.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts