Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my engine lock up on 95 north by Savanna 1/3 of the way home from Saint Augustine. Sunday afternoon. Dealership down there wouldn't even look at it for 30 days or more. They had over 30 other cars waiting to be checked out.

What a ordeal that was to get home.

In the end, a new engine at 172k miles, original owner.

It sucked but it's like winning the lottery to breath new life into an old car.

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
264 Posts
Give it a gentle break-in period!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,216 Posts
They told me when I brought mine in they had no loaners but Kia would reimburse. Don’t think they legally have to.
From the Settlement:
"Hyundai dealerships will provide a free loaner vehicle of comparable value if requested, until repairs are completed. If no loaner vehicle is available,
Hyundai will provide full reimbursement of reasonable rental car expenses up to $40 per day".

·
Registered
3 Posts
From the Settlement:
"Hyundai dealerships will provide a free loaner vehicle of comparable value if requested, until repairs are completed. If no loaner vehicle is available,
Hyundai will provide full reimbursement of reasonable rental car expenses up to $40 per day".
Yes thats what they told me, is no loaners but if i rent one they would reimburse for a rental. Sadly in my area rentals are more than that :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So in towing I had $200 to the nearest dealership. Then they told me they wouldn't look at it for 30 days.

$590 in uhaul truck and tow dolly to get me back to VA and dealer saw me right away.

They however did not have a loaner available so I rented a car, after the service rep said KIA would reimburse me for it.
$428 rental

$1218 total not including the fuel for the uhaul.

Engine, intake and starter have been replaced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts