Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,387 Posts
That's not the way they want you to think. You're supposed to take the car to the stealership, have their over-qualified technicians inspect the Hydraulic Electronic Control Unit, send you on your way, and hope that the owner left happy
as no problem found. Just make certain that the car has comp insurance and is up to date.

Just think, if you had a 2013 or 2014, you could also be concerned that if the HECU doesn't leak, the fuel line (recall) can deteriorate and that will cause a fire.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not the way they want you to think. You're supposed to take the car to the stealership, have their over-qualified technicians inspect the Hydraulic Electronic Control Unit, send you on your way, and hope that the owner left happy
as no problem found. Just make certain that the car has comp insurance and is up to date.

Just think, if you had a 2013 or 2014, you could also be concerned that if the HECU doesn't leak, the fuel line (recall) can deteriorate and that will cause a fire.
I have a 14 that why I just don’t get this recall. It’s pointless and a waste of money for them. I have a 14 sorento too that’s also involved in this crap and they are both parked in the garage. I am wondering if I should open a case with Kia corporate and demand new units for both. Just get it on record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts