Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Optima sxTurbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear brakes are squeaking when I brake at low speeds which is annoying at stop lights. I checked and I can feel a slight groove on both rotors. I checked the pads as well and they have a good amount of life left in them. So would the issue be the rotors wearing way before the pads or could it be the pads need replacing because they’ve worn, even though it's not down to the sensor yet? I already bought some oem brake pads and plan to just replace those on the old rotors but wanted some second opinions.
5CC83156-4EDD-4D03-B7F7-966DC1B6D319_1_201_a.jpeg
3423A5F8-223F-4B88-993F-84EC8F5C578E.jpeg

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,194 Posts
You can put some grease at the contact points, and one easy place to forget is the circle of contact where the piston contacts and pushes against the back of the pad.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,456 Posts
Also, be sure to lube the slide pins and the pad ears with the best ceramic lube (orange stuff) that Permatex makes. If after you've installed the new pads (doing the above) and you still get squeals, you might consider getting the rotors turned. Some shops can do this on the axle rather than removing the rotors and taking to a machine shop. Ask around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts