Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Kia Optima Ex Turbo 2.0
Engine was replaced by KIA in October.

Need help?! I've recently noticed I get a type of rattling noise when around 2500 rpm right before a gear change. It sounds loudest in 4th gear. Is something loose? Or could it be transmission? Noise is coming from driver side. It almost feels like it's close to the dash but definitely something under the hood!

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,180 Posts
I can't tell for sure which sound you are referring to.

Can you identify at what seconds in the video the rattling is louder, and quieter?

I hear a kind of buzzing sound, like someone's phone on vibrate, is that the sound?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it's starts at around 14 seconds when I rev to about 2500 rpm. It sounds like buzzing in the video but more like a rattling. It makes this sound when I accelerate normally but won't at higher acceleration.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im having the same issue! I thought my husband was crazy till I just saw this post. We have a 2015 kia optima EX and he says there's a rattling around 2800 RPM.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,146 Posts
Ok I hear it in the video clip--does it make the noise right around that RPM range even when gear is in neutral and/or regardless of what gear your in?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,675 Posts
Check the voltage on your (EWG) electric waste gate…

When it’s off, I’ve heard of this happening and had a similar issue on my Optima.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts