Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Optima SX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, ever since I bought the car new there seemed to be a low growl/rattle/bubbling coming from the engine compartment after starting the car. At first I thought it was part of the design since it didn't seem too bad and it felt like maybe it was part of the A/C 'warming up'. The sound would go away almost instantly if I turned HVAC off. Recently I took the car to the dealership for the 6th time with the dreaded panoramic roof creaking and decided to let them know about the issue since it started getting worse, especially when taking off and turning the wheel. The dealer informed me the issue was with the belt tensioner and the reason the sound would go away after turning A/C off was because of decreased load on the belt. After picking up the car I heard the growling/bubbling again when starting the car but the noise seemed to have been reduced back to fresh off the lot status so I just assumed once again it was by design. Fast forward a few days the noise got a little bit worse, and you can definitely hear it in the cabin around 800-900 rpms and taking off. I had terrible experience with being jerked around at 2 dealerships with the rear deck and pano roof rattle and I really don't want to go back to the dealer any time soon. Has anybody experienced a similar issue and figured out a solution?

·
Registered
159 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts