1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Codes
P0087 pending never actually stays
P0420
Both codes are new but I have had the problem on and off for 8 months. It well randomly jerk and die or under acceleration it well hesitated really bad. Dealer couldn’t find anything. Yesterday it started to do it consistently. I’m think hpfp. Hoping someone might have some insight or something to check. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the late reply. I checked plugs and they look lean to me. My first Kia. Turbonut said bad cat which got me thinking. I guess in my frustrations I didn’t think about. So I pulled the cat and it’s plugged pretty good. Dealer wants 2700 for the part which is crazy to me and I have a curiosity question as to what changed in are exhaust from 2011 to 2012 because I was looking at cpe complete kit but it lists 2012+

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,732 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. I checked plugs and they look lean to me. My first Kia. Turbonut said bad cat which got me thinking. I guess in my frustrations I didn’t think about. So I pulled the cat and it’s plugged pretty good. Dealer wants 2700 for the part which is crazy to me and I have a curiosity question as to what changed in are exhaust from 2011 to 2012 because I was looking at cpe complete kit but it lists 2012+
2011 models were built in Korea, whereas the 2012+ models were built here in the US. Different orientation on the flanges between the US & Korean built models.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,591 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts