Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I go over a bump, or make a fairly sharp turn, the dome lights come on for 5-6 seconds. What causes this, and does it require the dealer's shop to fix?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,128 Posts
Wow that's crazy, I've heard of a lot of wild things, but never heard of this one before.

Have you changed out your interior lighting to LED or is it all original from factory?

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,021 Posts
Maybe the dome light switch is jiggling or loose, so that car motion can physically move the switch between the on and off positions?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
41 Posts
When I go over a bump, or make a fairly sharp turn, the dome lights come on for 5-6 seconds. What causes this, and does it require the dealer's shop to fix?
The dome switch is a 3 way switch. on, door or off. what position is it doing it. if it does it in the door position and you hit a bump and it comes on is the door open warning light on in the dash also? if so it could be a door switch or like the other person said a floppy dome switch.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dome switch is a 3 way switch. on, door or off. what position is it doing it. if it does it in the door position and you hit a bump and it comes on is the door open warning light on in the dash also? if so it could be a door switch or like the other person said a floppy dome switch.
Switch is set to "door"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts