Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall! I've been investing in my 2013 Optima SX since I bought it a little over a year ago. I love my car, but I'm getting kinda tired of the smaller radio screen. I would've gone with the SXL had one been available at the time, but whatever.

I just changed my brakes/rotors and I'm wanting to go onto my next project. Instead of wheel spacers / lowering springs, I am wanting to upgrade my radio. Currently I have the basic UVO system, a close enough representation shown below lol. I was wanting a unit that has navigation/gps, and essentials like spotify. I mainly use google maps/waze, but anything works. Android Auto would be a plus. My biggest concern is that I don't want it to look cheap, but also not be too expensive. Option 1 Option 2 Option 3 These sorts of displays look nice, and are updated enough to where they should be fast. I really like the display in the video, with the buttons on the left side. I've seen the giant tesla displays, which would be nice, but they all seem to be cheaply made and just ehh.

Main question: Has anyone upgraded their basic UVO system to one that has NAV? If so, would it be better to go with an aftermarket option, or would an option like this work? I would love to stick with KIA, but I don't think the older units have updates to the maps. I've also read somewhere that people couldn't get the new unit to work with their vehicle. Any help would be appreciated, as this is something completely new to me.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,194 Posts
There is another discussion where a guy got a nice unit that is the tesla style nav, and everything works, uses the steering wheel controls and everything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is another discussion where a guy got a nice unit that is the tesla style nav, and everything works, uses the steering wheel controls and everything.
I looked around for it, but from what I've been able to find, people are kinda hesitant with them. They're usually cheaply made and I know the K5 Store doesn't carry them for this reason (and other reasons probably). They look really nice though lol. If they've improved quality wise then I'll probably look into it some more, thanks :D

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums @Trestone

Congrats on getting your 2013 Optima SX Turbo.

We do have an aftermarket radio that integrates into the existing system you have now.

It adds navigation, a larger 8" touch screen and you can play HD movies from the display as well.

There is no loss of steering wheel controls, Bluetooth Microphone, Sirius Satellite Radio, or anything else.

You can find the product on our website below, but just a heads up, we can offer you 20% off the price shown on our site.

UNAVI X5 (OEM Integrated Navigation System) - K5 Optima Store

Let us know if you have any questions we can help with.

-David
K5 Optima Store

If they've improved quality wise then I'll probably look into it some more, thanks :D
This is EXACTLY why we don't carry any of the Chinese Android units, 95% of them all are glitchy and have problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great! Thanks! My only real concern is that my Optima has a slight glitch. Usually only happens at the start of a ride, if I turn the volume up with the steering wheel, it activates the voice assistant. Only does it once or twice a day, but no idea what could be doing it, especially since the button to activate it is on the bottom of the other side of the wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts