Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m picking up my 203 Kia Optima SXL turbo next weekend and adding HKS sparks, injen air intake and a jb4 turn I was wondering what would the best map to use be as well as if using 91 octane would help with HP or it would be useless with the mods I’m adding? I’m thinking map5 but I want the best bang for my buck any info/help?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
Hey Chris, awesome selection of parts to add, let us know if we can help you find any of those.

Best people to ask about which map to run would be BMS directly. ([email protected])

A downpipe is not needed, but since Megan Racing discontinued theres, there is only (1) company offering them still.

You can check it out on our website here: CP-E QKspl 3" Cast Bellmouth Downpipe - K5 Optima Store

-David

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Chris, awesome selection of parts to add, let us know if we can help you find any of those.

Best people to ask about which map to run would be BMS directly. ([email protected])

A downpipe is not needed, but since Megan Racing discontinued theres, there is only (1) company offering them still.

You can check it out on our website here: CP-E QKspl 3" Cast Bellmouth Downpipe - K5 Optima Store

-David
In your personal opinion what map should I run? I have the parts already but am getting the car next weekend from Arkansas then installing

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
In your personal opinion what map should I run? I have the parts already but am getting the car next weekend from Arkansas then installing
I don't have a personal opinion as I don't have all of the data and information to provide that. I would highly recommend reaching out to support for that!

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Over 89? Yes for sure, but if you have access to 93, that would be the most beneficial.
I got told 93 would be a waste as my set up won’t be too much besides what was mentioned above? Or am I wrong? Is that enough to utilize that level of octane for better performance?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
I got told 93 would be a waste as my set up won’t be too much besides what was mentioned above? Or am I wrong? Is that enough to utilize that level of octane for better performance?
Running 93 on a completely stock Optima will net more HP and better MPG.

Definitely not a waste to run premium fuel on a tuned turbo engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts