Kia Optima Forums banner

221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
After reading through this great post, I have a question... Does anyone know what projector would fit or be a direct replacement for the low beam halogen projector?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
23 Posts
I started on doing just the retrofit part for the high beams. I was using the images as a guid but sadly all are blurred out and watermarked. I can’t see them anymore. I’m not exactly sure where to cut for the shroud. Is there any chance that someone might have these images saved?

·
Registered
Kia Optima Si 2014
26 Posts
That’s really odd that we can’t see the images. Unless it’s that way on mobiles.
I’m still so keen to mod my lights too... took them off but stopped at the heatgun phase as it was warping. Posted about DIY oven but no response.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
23 Posts
That’s really odd that we can’t see the images. Unless it’s that way on mobiles.
I’m still so keen to mod my lights too... took them off but stopped at the heat gun phase as it was warping. Posted about DIY oven but no response.
I used a box that was big enough for the light to fit in and used a hair dryer ( I lost my heat gun when I moved) for about 15 minutes.

Now I'm at the point to put the together and now the shroud will not fit into where it goes just past the reflector bowl

·
Registered
Kia Optima Si 2014
26 Posts
I used a box that was big enough for the light to fit in and used a hair dryer ( I lost my heat gun when I moved) for about 15 minutes.

Now I'm at the point to put the together and now the shroud will not fit into where it goes just past the reflector bowl
Awesome thanks for letting me know! Hope it goes well for you. Did the glue and assembly come off easy enough after the oven?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
23 Posts
Awesome thanks for letting me know! Hope it goes well for you. Did the glue and assembly come off easy enough after the oven?
The glue was warm enough for the housings to come apart but wasn't very stringy so I didn't have a lot of cleanup but the small areas that needed it I used 91% alcohol on.

221 - 227 of 227 Posts