Kia Optima Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
I had that happen as well 2 years back, I started the car but couldn't shut it off. Luckily the KIA dealership was 5 mins from my office, drove straight there and had it exchanged under warranty.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,146 Posts
I had that happen as well 2 years back, I started the car but couldn't shut it off. Luckily the KIA dealership was 5 mins from my office, drove straight there and had it exchanged under warranty.
Dang they exchaged your car over just that? ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Push Start Stopped Working :-( UPDATED!!

I've had my EX (Non turbo) for 4 trouble free months.But today when I pressed the start button it displayed remote not found (or something like that)I thought the battery might be dead, so I tried the spare key... same thing.Any ideas???Thanks!

UPDATE 12/13

So I took my 2011 ex Optima to the dealer. The key was not the problem.

After about 30 minutes the dealer tech told me he called Kia tech support and they told him that there has been numerous calls with this same issue that just started over last 2 weeks. They told the dealer they haven't identified the problem, but they told the dealer to disconnect the car battery for 10 minutes and then reconnect it.

It did fix the problem, but they still don't know why it is happening. Kia told him they think it might be a software problem and once identified they would issue a tsb.

Anybody have a similar problem???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I have a solution for this. It's fairly simple. I had that problem around Dec where I can't turn on my car.

The solution is that I turned my wheel when I got in my car, it basically lock the ignition. So what I did was to unlock the wheel by move the wheel left and right...

I'm pretty sure it's the solution... The battery disconnect also resets the steering wheel point, so that's why you can start the car right away after 10 min...

Let me know if I'm wrong!
You're wrong. My 2012 Rio 5 sx has the same problem and DOESN'T have the locking steering wheel option.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts