Kia Optima Forums banner

Power seat into 2018 LX mod need wiring diagram.

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rpoffen 
#1 ·
I have a 2018 LX. I thought that because my manual seat has power lumbar a power seat might just work and be a simple plug and play.
Well... That turned out not to be the case. I was on a road trip to see my Daughter (600 miles away) and found a power seat from 2018
at the local auto wrecker for a good price. I didn't really have time to research it beyond seeing that the connectors looked the same, I took a chance and grabbed it on the way back home.
I cleaned up the seat and installed it. The power lumbar works and has the added benefit of not only moving in and out but also can move up and down.
None of the other switches do anything.
I did observe that the new seat has a controller so it's "smart" to some degree. The larger of the 3 connectors for the seat harness uses 8 more pins that the manual seat and those pins and wires are missing on my LX harness.
I suspect, if I can power up the control box the seat should work, the other of the 8 wires may just be for door mounted memory switches that I don't intend to add.
I just want it to operated as a stand alone power seat.
I'm hoping somebody can supply me with a wiring diagram for the power seat. Thank you!!:)

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a 2018 EX and the power seat is tied to the driver preference memory. I have two settings I can save (via buttons on the driver door) and it can be set to retract the seat when the engine is shut off for easier exit/entry, then it returns to my pre-saved settings when I start the car. Not sure if this is standard on all EX's or part of an upgrade package, but it might need more control modules elsewhere in the car to actually work for your application.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.