Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
'MURICA
2013 Kia Optima
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started the other day that when I shift to "Drive" the mirrors fold in which is opposite of what they should do haha. Anyone have any ideas why this would start to happen?

Full disclosure I do have the folding mirror add-on K-5 Optima Store

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
Wired backwards maybe? (positve, negative)...

·
'MURICA
2013 Kia Optima
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah, its been working for years just comes and goes might have to disconnect it. I can't think of anything else.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
The module might have just become defective over the years. If you’d like to re-order one with a discount, shoot me a DM and I’d be happy to provide you one.

·
'MURICA
2013 Kia Optima
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The module might have just become defective over the years. If you’d like to re-order one with a discount, shoot me a DM and I’d be happy to provide you one.
Done

Reactions: K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
37 Posts
We just shipped him out a new one yesterday!
I am having issues with my remote, where essentially the keyfob won't lock or unlock the doors (it used to work after walking around the car spamming the button) and I have to turn it on by hitting the push/start with my key. It's unreliable, and makes me thing the fob is going bad. Ever see or hear of this? Something your module may fix? Right now, I tried cleaning any corrosion on the terminals of the car's battery, and also replaced the battery in the keyfob.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We just shipped him out a new one yesterday!
Oh my god. I just accidentally happened upon the dumbest fix for this little situation. So, new key fob battery did not work. Cleaning the corrosion on the car's battery did not work. Opened up the key fob, and out of frustration I bent the 4 little prongs on the circuit board outwards more, thinking they weren't making complete contact. One of them snapped and fell off like brittle plastic, the other 3 were able to be bent. At first, I panicked, but after realizing 4 prongs is more than needed, and 3 will work fine, I went to try this out. Turns out, one was broken, shorting the fob. It finally broke off all the way with me bending it, and after it broke my key fob is now fully working. I closed it up. I put it back in the carbon key fob case. I hope to never have to open it again. LMAO.

·
'MURICA
2013 Kia Optima
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How's the module?
Forgot to post yeah it fixed it. Apparently, after a few years especially in this heat it's not surprising it went bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts